James Carr Rev. War pension VA & NJ Marr Julia Ann Worley
This is copy of post I just made at PRIBBLE genforum.
I am a Carr researcher and came across the following list from a Bible page that was included in the Revolutionary War pension application for a James Carr who served from VA & NJ. James Carr was Amelia Carr Pribble's father. Amelia's brother John Carr filed pension application from Fountain Co, Indiana on 11 Aug 1845 as executor of his mother's estate on behalf of James' children.
The information was hand written and some was hard to read, so I've put "?" where I wasn't sure.
I can not definitely connect to this Carr family but the information I came across was too good not to share.
Bernard Preston Pribble born April 15, 1783
Amelia Carr b. August 29, 1787
Bernard & Amelia were married January 26, 1807
1. Sarah Pribble b. December 31, 1807
2. John Young Pribble b. July 24, 1810
3. James Carr Pribble b. November 1, 1812
4. Harriet Pribble b. October 1, 1814
5. Mary Pribble b. November 18, 1816
6. Silas Pribble b. August ?20/22, 1820
7. Samuel Pribble b. May 3, 1823
8. William Henry Pribble b. September 12, 1825
9. Rufus Pribble b. September 24, 1827
10. Jane Pribble b. September 21, 1830
11. Child b. September 15, 1831 d. September 18, 1831
12. ?Lycurgus Pribble b. May 2, 1833
Note: The last 2 children are listed out of birth order, with the following:
"This child the twelfth by birth tho from neglect is put here - Was born 15th day of September in 1831 and Died the 18th of the same month."
This page was from Bible of Bernard & Amelia and Amelia Pribble gave testimony. There are what appears to be a few more names listed at bottom of right hand column of Pribble Bible Births page that are hard to make out but at end of this small list it "looks" like Darval Pribble was born January 17th day ??1835. Year is hard to read but if 1835 could be another child for this couple.Someone researching this family may be able to "see" what the names above this "Darval" are all about.I have no clue.
There is mostly more info on the Carr family. Amelia Pribble states that her parents were married in Hardy Co, Va in 1778/9. Amelia's mother was Julia Ann Worley who married as her second husband Henry Clark. James Carr died January 1807 [in Ohio]and Julia Ann Worley Carr Clark died Nov 10, 1843, her second husband predeceased her in March 1821, in Ohio.
A little about Amelia Carr's family: She was one of 8 children born to James Carr & Julia Ann Worley.
Children of James Carr & Julia Ann Worley:
1. William Carr - mentioned as oldest child, now dead
2. Mary Carr - listed as Mary Douglas in pension
3. Amelia Carr - listed as Amelia Pribble in pension
wife of Bernard Preston Pribble.
4. John Carr - one applying for benefits for widow Julia Ann
5. Sarah Carr - listed as Sarah Funk in pension
6. Elizabeth Carr - listed as Elizabeth Blair in pension
7. Margaret Carr - listed as Margaret Funk in pension
8. Moses Carr
Pension states that soldier James Carr had a brother Daniel Carr[now deceased] a brother William Carr [Jr.], his father being William Carr. Testimony was given in Adams Co, Ohio on 21 Oct 1854 by Mary Carr, sister-in-law of James Carr, now a widow of Daniel Carr and also by David Carr, son of Daniel and Mary. Mary states that she heard that both William Carr Sr. & William Carr Jr. also served.
Since the alert feature here has not been working, If you would like copy of pension, email me with "Pribble/Carr" in subject and I'll email it back to you. It's in pdf format, size is 885 Kb, 12 pages long.
Mary Lou Benjamin in PA