I have just been working on a Carstarphen genealogy that will be posted in a few days under my name, but I did not include the John part of it. Look in FamilySearch.com.
I have part of what was a very complete genealogy handed down to me, written in 1915, but it is missing a couple of pages. Robert had three sons, Robert, James and John.
(1) JOHN, settled in Virginia at Southampton; was married twice; by the first wife had the following sons:
(2) William, died about 26 years ago (this was written in 1915) in Garysburg, N.C.
(3)John (Dr. Wm Turner Carstarphen of Wake Forest, N.C., has a Masonic medal belonging to this John. Union Chapter, R.A. M.No. 7, Petersburgh, Va. Died during the Civil War and buried at Mobile, Ala.
By the second wife,
(4) maria, deceased Feb 11, 1915
(5) Powhattan, born in Virginia in 1833.
(6) jOHN r.
(4) MARIA married Mr. Shaw of Petersburh, Va.
(7) Nannie married William Dean of Petersburgh, Va.
(5) POWHATTAN (tanline) married Mary Pool February, 1871, at Water Valley, Miss.; died Dec 10, 1893.
(8) Daisy married Wm Covell, Mephis, Tenn.
(9) Birdie m., memphis, Tenn.
(10) Collie P.,widown Mr. Said of Mephis, Tenn.
(11) Leonidas Powhattan died March 4, 1904
(6) JOHN, R., born Jan. 12, 1849, Garrysburg, nC., married Willie Eliza Turner Nov. 12, 1894.
(12) Dr. William Turner Carstarphen, born Aug. 28, Wake Forest, N.C.
By the second wife a son.
(13) John Randolph, born Oct. 23, 1912.
(12) Dr. W. T. CARSTARPHEN,
Wake Forest, nC. Chair of Physiology, Wake Forest College; married Ann Theresa Joyce of Philadelphis, Oct 24, 1902.
(13) Mary Gladys, born Aug. 26, 1903.
(14) Mable Ellis, born Nov. 10. 1906.
I am missing one page of this genealogy.
(19) Bryant Bennett, born Feb. 15, 1907.
(20) Thomas Sutton, vorn mar 8, 1910.
(21) Mary Elizabeth, born July 7, 1912.
(10) MARY BELLE, married harry Waldo, hamilton, N.C.
(22) mary Carstarphen Waldo, born Jan 31, 1912
(14) JOSEPH MARTIN
(24) Joseph Martin, Jr.
I hope this is what you are looking for. Sorry about the missing page. Go to the Carstarphen genealogy at Family Search for more general information. It may be posted in the next week or so.