Is your "Uncle Henry" my hubby's grandfather Henry? (Robert was up late, so is still snoozing. I'll ask him when he gets up if the name LC Waller "does anything" for him.) I never did make it down to the farm before the old folks passed on, although I did get to meet them once or twice. I remember Henry turning 90 very early in our marriage, which was 33 yrs ago. (I also recall those Georgia farm folk talked in slooooow motion to this "city girl's" ears!!)
I don't know the proper format for this, but here goes:
My father-in-law, Captain James Willard Cartee, USN, of Metter, GA (b. Dec 13, 1917; d. Sept 20, 2007), married Nancy Dashiell of Norfolk, VA (b. Oct 1, 1923; d. Jan 20, 2006 - a truly great lady), on Feb 2, 1945.
Jim was a "bean counter," and a very good one. He was a career Navy finance officer. During his Naval career, he served on the USS Paiute. The family lived in Norfolk, Honolulu, Key West, Newport RI, Cleveland, and Philadelphia. At the last two posts, Jim had command of the Navy Finance Centers at those locations. After his military retirement, the Cartees settled in McLean, VA. Jim was Comptroller of United Planning Organization until his civilian retirement.
They had 5 children:
Nancy Elizabeth (Betty) of Leesburg, VA, born Aug 27, 1945; married Marty Taylor (marriage date ??) (divorced). They had 4 children:
- Daniel, born Dec 2, 1966, married Katrina (maiden name ??), (marriage date ??) (divorced); one child: Kyle, born March 21 (approx 1999 or 2000? - I can get correct year & update you);
- Denise (Dee Dee), born Nov 7, 1967, married Brent Fleagle on Oct 1, 2001; no issue.
- Timothy, born Aug 7, 1969, not married, no issue.
- Kristen, born Dec 14, 1978, married Mark Lillard on Aug 29, 2009; no issue.
Betty later married Larry Tucker on June 13, 1992.
James Willard Jr of Atlanta, GA, born May 22, 1948; married Donna (maiden name ??), on Sep 14, 1982. They have 4 children:
- Justin, born Feb 13, 1985, not married.
- Christina, born Oct 26, 1988, not married.
- Jack, born Sep 14, 1990, not married.
- Ashlea, born May 29, 1993, not married.
Robert Dashiell of Sterling, VA, born June 12, 1951, married Ann Hoffmaster (that's me!) on Feb 14, 1979; no issue. (Just cats! Purrrr!)
Christopher Norfleet of Oak Hill, VA, born Feb 2, 1955, married Sheryl Moore on Aug 8, 1981. They have 2 children:
- Lauren, born Apr 28, 1986, not married.
- Alyssa, born Aug 23, 1999, not married.
Sally Ann of Ashland, VA, born July 14, 1959, married Michael Clower on Oct 21, 1984. They have 2 children:
- William James, born Feb 28, 1990, not married.
- Michelle, born March 27, 1992, not married.
Sorry I don't have most of the middle names of my nieces & nephews. But I try to be a good auntie; I sent cards to ALLLLLL my nieces & nephews! (And sometimes $$!)
If you like, I can send pix of most, if not all, of the above fine folk, via email.