Re: Chadouin's in Whitley Co. Ky
From my search I believe the Sarah Chadouin you note is a daughter of Samuel O and Prescilla Chandler Chadouin, though the surname seems to take on a different form in each location.Chaudoin seems to be the version used by this French Huguenot family in Virginia.I don’t think Samuel and family ever lived in Arkansas, though Chaudoin did live in Independence County, Arkansas in that time frame.Samuel was born in Green County, KY about 1796, shortly after his parents migrated from VA.I have Prescilla Chandler birth location as Washington County, KY.They married about 1818 Washington County KY and apparently lived Indiana for a time.I show the first two of six children were born Indiana, and the family had relocated to Whitley County KY by 1827.I don’t know that they only had six children but six are all I have been able to connect to Sam and Prescilla.The children are:
1. Andrew, born abt 1823 IN + Sarah Norris.They were in 1860 Lincoln County census.I show nine children.
2. Sarah, born abt 1826 IN, died aft 1910 OK + George Powers.I show they had at least seven children though the first two died young.
3. John W, born 1827 Whitley County, died 1913 Custer County NE + Nancy Shufflett, born 1833 Green County, KY, died abt 1917 NE.I don’t list any children for John and Nancy, they are listed in the 1860 Lincoln County Census.
4. Emmaliza, born abt 1830 Whitley County, died aft 1880 (probably Lincoln County) + Bennett Powers.They married 8 Apr 1849 Campbell County, TN. I show six children for this couple, daughter Prescilla Jane married James Franklin Oaks and (are my great grandparents).Bennett is in the 1860 and 1880 Lincoln County Census.
5. William, born abt 1839 Whitley County married Sydney Lynn Petrey 11 Dec 1861 Lincoln County.I don’t have anything else for them though the spelling of the name may be an obstacle I can’t overcome.
6. Anna, born abt 1836 Whitley County married George W Turnbull on 18 Mar 1851 Lincoln County.They had at least children, all born Lincoln County.
Samuel O and Prescilla C Shadowens are listed in the 1850 Whitley Census as folwos:
Samuel Shadowens, age 54
Ciller, age 51, wife ( Priscilla-?)
Ann, age 13. daughter
William, age 11, son
Sam and Prescilla Chamdain are listed in the 1860 Lincoln Census as follows.
Samuel, age 76
Prescilla, age 66
Son John is in next house, and William is living with George W Turnbull, who is married to Anna Chaudoin, located on other side of Sam and Prescilla.I don’t have access to the 1870 census but they should be listed.I think Samuel died abt 1872 Lincoln County.