Re: William Corbin killed by Madison Nicholson
Several corrections to your post:
1. John Corbin and Sarah Morris married in Culpeper Co., VA sometime after John's service in the Revolutionary War per his pension file (not in 1766).
2. Bluford Corbin is reputedly shown as the son of John Corbin and Sarah Morris in the Corbin Diaries, however, there is absolutely no independent confirmation of this from court records. Although this relationship might be possible, it appears to be unlikely given the weight of circumstantial data and extant court records.
3. Bluford Corbin and Rebecca Jane Nicholson were married in Madison county not Rappahannock Co., VA. They were married circa 27 July 1814, the date on which the bond was posted for the marriage. I have seen examples of marriages occurring several weeks after the date on which the bond was posted.
4. I have seen three different dates for the death of Rebecca Jane Nicholson. She is reported by some to have died 23 April 1871 in the home of her son John. She is reported to have died before 12 April 1877 based on Bluford Corbin's pension file. However, she was listed as living (age 85) with her son William in the 1880 census of Culpeper Co., VA.
5. Mildred Sandy was the mother of Rebecca Jane Nicholson. Several of Mildred Sandy's ancestors were 17th century immigrants to Virginia.
6. Dennis Corbin married Mary "Polly" Jenkins circa 13 June 1815 in Madison Co., VA. The court records show that a bond was posted for the marriage of Dennis Corbin and Sally Nicholson on 20 March 1816, although, some dispute whether this marriage was ever consummated.