Ezekiel CRABTREE, b. ca. 1780
Last July I took a research trip in search of Ezekiel CRABTREE, who I believe to be the father of Susan (CRABTREE) Holloway McCurley.
I visited the Old Edgefield District Genealogical Society Library (OEDGS) in Edgefield, Edgefield Co, SC; Jasper Co., GA Courthouse, in Monticello, GA; Clay Co., Courthouse, in Ashland, AL; and Bluff Springs, Clay Co., AL (for a cemetery hunt).
Earlier in the year (last year) I had been sent a copy of a Probate Record that had been filed in Clay Co, AL. This probate record, for the estate of Ezekiel CRABTREE, was dated 27 May 1885. Unfortunately, the source (book #) was not given, and I was not able to find the probate record when I visited the Clay Co, AL courthouse, although I did find other records (which I have not finished transcribing). The probate record of May 1885 lists 12 heirs for Ezekiel CRABTREE as follows (names only):
- Milde, spouse of ? Wright
- Mary Ann (listed in record as Crabtree; she was the spouse of William Kimbrough)
- Nancy, spouse of ? Holloway
- Susan, spouse of ? Holloway (known to be John); Note: in 1885, Susan was deceased; her 2nd marriage was to William McCurley, Mr. Holloway having died in 1865 (I think)
- Martha, spouse of ? Holloway (known to be Simpson J.)
- Emily, spouse of of ? Pervis (known to be Pharoah)
in 1885, according to the probate record, William and Washington were believed to be deceased, and their heirs residing in AR.
The following were also believed to be residing in AR in 1885: Milde, Mary, Nancy, Brantley, James, and Susan (see notation above).
Malachi was residing in Newton Co, GA; Martha was residing in Sumpter Co, GA; Emily was residing in Sumpter Co, GA, and Thomas was residing in Clay Co, GA.
(NOTE: I have made the assumption that those listed as heirs were Ezekiel's children
If you have any additional information on any of these heirs of Ezekiel CRABTREE, would you please share.