Vincent and Salvador D'Antoni, New Orleans
Vincent/Vincenzo D'Antoni, b. Aug 1870 Italy, immigrated 1877.I think he's the Vincent D'Antoni who died in April 1940 in New Orleans (certainly after the 1930 census anyway).He married 28 Jul 1895 in New Orleans to Rosalie (Rosa) Resso (Reso, Rizzo), born March 1881 in Italy, daughter of Dominick Reso/Rizzo and wife Antonio/Antoinette Bono, immigrated 1884.Rosa's sister Maria married Vincenzo Valenta.
Vincent and Rosa's children:
(1) Marie/Mary (Mae) (1920 census says Mena) b.1901 d. March 1967 married Salvador Vinci (d. before 1967, so doubtfully the one b 19 Nov 1896 d Aug 1968 St Francisville) She was a school teacher, no children;
(2) Antoinette b 1903 d May 19, 1958 married Chester John Hibbard Sr (b 30 Jun 1894 d Nov 7, 1975)= 1 son, Chester John Hibbard Jr b30 May 1921, d 7 Mar 2008 Sevierville, TN married Izetta Valenti= 1 daughter, Glennda married Andrew Miller;
(3)Pauline (1920 census says Peter) b 7 Jan 1905 d 10 Apr 1993 + Floyd J. Brown (b.1894 KY);
(4) Rose, Rosa (Rosy in 1910) b 27 Jun 1907 d 29 Nov 2003 + Henry T. Brickner (possibly the one b 13 Aug 1907 d Feb 1958);
(5) Salvador D’Antoni b. 1911 d 24 Jan 1958 married (c1947-53) Mrs. Mildred (Williams) Bounds Dacus b.10 July 1911, d 27 March 1958, daughter of William Calvin Williams & Lena Warren (Weir) Williams; first married Edward Holder Bounds Sr., second to Chester Wayne Dacus; She and Sal both died at age 39.No children.Mildred had two children by her first marriage.
(6) Dominick Anthony D’Antoni b. 14 Aug 1913, d 9 Dec 2004; graduated St. Aloysius College, 1932 (Times Picayune, June 10, 1932, p.16);
and possibly another sibling who died an infant, as indicated by sister Mary's obituary (but may also be a mistake):
(7) Rosalie Reso D’Antoni. New Orleans Death Records Index shows a Rosa Dantoni, age 2, died 25 July 1904. This could be the sibling mentioned in Mary D’Antoni Vinci’s obituary as Rosalie Reso D’Antoni.
The four brothers who were among the founders of the Standard Fruit Co. (later Dole Co.) were
Salvador(e) (b.1874), Vincent(e) (b.1884), Joseph (?b.Sept 1870? married Seraphine) & Carmello.Salvador wasborn 1874 in Cefalu, Sicily, and married Maria Vaccaro, Jan. 18, 1900, in New Orleans.His brother Vincent(e) died 29 Oct 1918 and the Vincente D'Antoni Hospital in Honduras was named for him.Who were the parents of the four brothers?