Re: Drace Agnus Darrow (spurs)
Sidney Leonard Darrow b. Sept 23, 1810 New London, Ct. d. Jan. 17, 1893 Guilford, New Haven, Ct. was one of the sons of Nicholas Darrow and Sally Weeks.
About 1830 Sidney married Emeline Howard also b. Sept. 23, 1810 in New London, Ct. I beleive she died between the 1860 Chicago census and 1867 when Sidney remarried.
Children of Sidney and Emeline Howard:
1. Wolcott Howard Darrow b. May 1832 New London, d. Oct 1, 1915 New Haven, Ct. Married Malinda C. Wible Nov 6, 1868 Mason Plains, Il. This is my grgrandfather.
2. Sidney Leonard Darrow II b. May 1837 New London, Ct. d. 1906 Harrison, Boone, Arkansas.
3. Emeline D. Darrow b. 1839 Chicago, Cook, Il. d. 1909 Eurika Springs, Carroll, Arkansas.
4. George Henry Darrow b. Aug. 7, 1841 Chcicago, Il. d. 1928 Long Beach, Ca.
5. Alanson F. Darrow b. 1844 Chicago, Il. d. Salt Lake City about 1900.
6. Mary A. Darrow b. 1846 Chicago, Il. Last know location was Stoneham, Ma. in 1893 per Sidney's will.
7. Martha Darrow b. 1848 Chicago, Il. d. 1923 Santa Clara County, Ca.
8. Caroline A. Darrow b. 1851 Chicago, Il. d. unk year Rhode Island.
Sidney moved his family (wife and two children) from Ct. to Chicago prior to 1839. He bought some land outside Chicago and ran a dairy and a tavern/hotel called "Darrow House". Some time in the 1850s the property was annexed into the City of Chicago. He operated the Darrow House and Sheep Market until about 1865. The property today would be located at State St. and 29th.
In 1867 Sidney married Emeline Rutherford Rogers b. Dec 1851 Laceysville, Harrison, Ohio d. 1920 Okeechobee, Okeechobee, Fl. They had one child:
Charles Roy (Royal) Darrow b. 1871 New London, Ct. d. 1926 Fort Lauderdale, Fl. Married Anna Lindstedt in 1896 in Chicago. Both became medical doctors in Chicago in 1909. Moved to Florida in 1911. The two doctors gained much notority for their exploits in the Florida swaps tending to the ill.
I have much more if you are interested. Contact me at email@example.com
Santee, San Diego, Ca.