George Dashner PA/VA 1700s
Looking for descendants of George Dashner (Jorg Deschner) who immigrated to Philadelphia PA, last from Rotterdam in 1765.He lived first in York Co., PA and then moved to Rockingham Co., VA about 1781 where he died before 1800.His wife was probably Sarah.His known children were:
1. Michael Dashner b. abt 1767 who married Susanna Harrison in Shendoah Co. VA 29 May 1792 and had 12 children. Moved to Wood Co., WV.His many of his children married in Mason Co., WV.
2. Sarah Dashner b. abt 1771 married Stephen Gedry Losh 15 Dec 1800 in Shenandoah and had 6 children. Moved to Tucker Co., WV
3.Rebecca Dashner b. 1765/70 who married John 'Osthiemer' Shep in Rockingham Co., VA 1 Dec 1785, had 9 children. Stayed in VA.
4. Rosannah Dashner b. 1774/75 married Leonard Oliver in Rockingham 1 Aug 1794 and had 9 children.Moved to Mason Co., WV.
George Dashner may have had a second wife, Catherine, who lived in Rockingham County quite awhile after his death.They had possibly two daughters mentioned in Catherine's will:
5. Christina b 1776/84 who never married
6. Anna who married a Sholz/Sholtz