Re: DELHENTY, DELAHUNT/E, DELAHANTY, DELUNT,
Hi again.Some speculation about your Mabel Nellie DELHENTY.
There is a “Catholic” family of DELHENTYs in the 1881 Canada Census at Carrick, Bruce South, Ontario on the LDS website.
1. Francies DELHENTY - 1881 Canadian Census / Ontario- HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD
Gender: MaleBirth: <1846> Ireland
2. Marey Jean DELHENTY - 1881 Canadian Census / Ontario
Gender: FemaleBirth: <1850> O
3. Geo. Henry DELHENTY - 1881 Canadian Census / Ontario
Gender: MaleBirth: <1872> O
4. Joseph Henry DELHENTY - 1881 Canadian Census / Ontario
Gender: MaleBirth: <1875> O
5. Wm. Henry DELHENTY - 1881 Canadian Census / Ontario
Gender: MaleBirth: <1879> O
There is a possibly that your Mabel is from this family and was born after the 1881 Census, despite her marrying a Presbyterian Minister, she may have given up her Catholic faith to do so.
My wife’s Delhenty family in Ontario were shown as Methodist in the 1881 Census and 1901 Census (Bentinck, Grey South, Ontario and Thessalon, Algoma, Ontario, respectively)
I also located an Alexander GRANT, that appears to be the son of the head of the household by the same name: Alexander GRANT who was from Bentinck, Grey, Ont in the 1881 Census
– so maybe Mabel was from my wife’s DELHENTY family in Bentinck and was born after 1881, therefore not shown in the Census.
(although I see very few female names in the 1881 Census and it appears that only male names were entered in that census perhaps??)
#66 -Alexander GRANT Household
Birth Year <1866>
Ethnic Origin Scottish
Head of Household Alexander GRANT
Religion C. Presbyterian
Census Place Bentinck, Grey South, Ontario
Family History Library Film 1375896
NA Film Number C-13260
Comments if any?