Beers, J. H. and Co., Commemorative Biographical Record of Washington County, Pennsylvania (Chicago: J. H. Text taken from page 1213 of:
WILSON T. DENNY, son of JOSIAH, grandson of WILLIAM and ELIZABETH DENNY, was born Sept. 11, 1843, in Cecil Township, this county. The grandparents came with their family in 1790 from eastern Pennsylvania to Washington County, where both died. WILLIAM DENNY was a soldier in the Revolutionary war.
JOSIAH DENNY was born June 16, 1798, in Washington County, Pa., and passed his youth on the home place. On Oct. 19, 1820, he was united in marriage with JANE SIMCOX, who was born August 18, 1798, in this county. They settled on the farm in Cecil Township now owned by W. T. DENNY.JOSIAH died April 1, 1856, followed by his widow July 7, 1868.Both were members of the Presbyterian Church at Miller’s Run.
JOSIAH & JANE DENNY’S children are:
1. WILLIAM W. (died March 3, 1868), a physician and surgeon, of Pittsburgh, Pa.
2. JOSEPH, living in Noble County, Ohio
3. MARY (wife of WILLIAM H. McCLAY), died in October, 1883, at Cumberland, Ohio
4. MARTHA JANE, MRS. HUGH LIGGETT, of Muskingum County, Ohio
5. JOHN A., living at Canonsburg, Pa.
6. W. T., a farmer, married MARGARET TIDBALL on Feb. 27, 1866.She was born Dec.24, 1845, a daughter of WILLIAM and ELIZABETH (NICHOLSON) TIDBALL, all three natives of Robinson Township, Allegheny Co. The farm consists of 75 acres of fertile land.In the autumn of 1871 MR. DENNY embarked in mercantile business at Burgettstown, but in 1876 returned to the old place, resuming his former occupation. He votes the Republican ticket, and is now serving his second term as a member of the school board. He and his wife are members of the U. P. Church at Venice, this county, Pa.Four children have been born to them, viz.: HARRY W., WILLIAM W., EVA JANE and LAURA.The father passed away May 12, 1884, the mother on November, 10, 1849.
Millers Run Presbyterian Cemetery
Canonsburg., Washington County, Pennsylvania
Swihart Road, Canonsburg, PA 15317
DENNY, JANE, died July 7, 1863 age 69, wife of JOSIAH
DENNY, JOSIAH, died April 1, 1856 age 58
DENNY, WILLIAM (DR.), died March 3, 1868 age 46
AT THE SAME CEMETERY, DON’T KNOW RELATION TO ABOVE:
SIMCOX, WILLIAM, died July 14, 1843 age 81s
SIMCOX, MARY, died Dec. 4, 1843 age 82
SAMUEL McMILLAN’S MANUSCRIPT – compiled in 1914 in the 85 year of his age
Says that MARY SIMCOX died Nov. 19, 1843 age 82; not sure who is right.
SAMUEL McMILLAN’S MANUSCRIPT adds SARAH SIMCOX BELOW WILLIAM & MARY SIMCOX - SIMCOX, SARAH, a daughter, died Nov. 19, 1846, age 3