I did a double-take when I saw the name Alanzo.My husband's grandfather was either Orlando Lon or Orlando Lonzo DOTY.
My husband's DOTY line is temporarily dead ending with Philander DOTY, born 17 Sep 1845 in PA, Independence, IN, or Eldena, Lee County, IL??? (see below)
Here, basically, is what we have at the present time. (I have only been actively working on my husband's genealogy for a short time, so I don't have too much yet and have many things to check yet.)
My husband's great grandfather was Philander DOTY, born 17 Sep 1845.
His place of birth is not clear.His son, Orlando DOTY's 1938 Death Certificate, listed Philander's birthplace as PA. Philander's 1937 Death Certificate lists Independence, IN as his birthplace.A relative of my husband's says Eldena, Lee Co., IL.
Died: 26 March 1937 (aged 87 years, 6 months, 9 days), Cody, Cherry Co., NE
We have no indication as to his parents' names as all.
Philander DOTY married Rebecca MOORE (no indication as to her parents' names either) on 26 Dec 1869 supposedly in Eldena, Lee Co., IL. They had at least five children:
(1) Enos DOTY born 1870, Eldena, Lee Co., IL
(2) Levi DOTY born 1872, Des Moines, Polk Co., IA
(3) George DOTY born 1874, Des Moines, Polk Co., IA
(4) Orlondo Lon (or Orlando Lonzo) DOTY born 4 Dec 1878, Des Moines, Polk Co., IA; died 30 Sep 1938, Gordon, Sheridan Co., NE -- my husband's grandfather.
(5) Mary DOTY born 11 Aug 1882, Des Moines, Polk Co., IA -- possible married name Mary FAIR? (Mary FAIR was the informant on Orlando DOTY's Death Certificate and we have not located another Mary in the family besides her.)
Levi DOTY, son of Orlondo Lon DOTY and Pearl Anne WILLIAMSON
Born: 26 May 1907, Rushville, Sheridan Co., NE
Married: 20 April 1935, Valentine, Cherry Co., NE to Mildred Evelyn HANSEN
Divorced: 29 June 1953, Lincoln, Lancaster Co., NE
Died: 22 June 1964, Lincoln, Lancaster Co., NE
Buried: 25 June 1964, Yankee Hill Cemetery, Lincoln, Lancaster Co., NE
My husband is Gary Lee DOTY, son of Levi DOTY and Mildred Evelyn HANSEN.