Re: ABEL and SUSANNAH DUCK, Wiltshire
My Duck family information comes from a family bible held by another descendant of Mrs Mary Duck (born 1757, died in Lacock on 27/11/1846). Her husband's name is unknown at this point in time. Their children were Betty (b.27/11/1782), William (B 30/8/1784), Jane (b 23/2/1789) and Sarah (b 16/6/1793). All children were born in Lacock, Wiltshire according to the bible entries. I have no other details, other than as above, of the 3 girls and their families.
Their only son, William Duck, married Elizabeth Gay (b 31/12/1781 in Corsham) in August 1805 in Lacock. Their children were
1.Sarah Hill Duck (b 6/6/1806 in Lacock, M 14/4/1831 to William Summison in Winsley, d 22/8/1899 in Winsley), I have no details of any issue
2. Jane Duck (B 23/8/1809, d 8/4/1855), unmarried?
3. George Duck (b 19/10/1810 in Turleigh, d 10/12/1893 in his residence, "Devonshire House", Knowle, Bristol. He married 3 times and his only child Edwin Bryant Duck died before his 4th birthday). George died a wealthy man and his estate was not finalised until 1942 when his third wife, Hannah Liddiard died.
4. Edward Duck (b 20/5/1815, d 16/1/1894 in Pill, Bristol, unmarried?
5. Thomas Duck (b 14/6/1819, m 12/10/1869 to Harriet Hudson in Blessworth, Hampshire, d 17/11/1901 in Winsley, Wiltshire), I have no details of any issue.
6.Mary Duck (b 24/11/1821, m 1/1/1848 to Henry J A Bullock in East Wood, d 20/11/1897 in West Hamstead), I have no details of any issue.
7. Elizabeth Duck (b 29/4/1829 in Winsley, m 16/10/1849 to (John) Thomas Hale in Trowbridge, d 28/4/1878 in Winsley), they had 8 children born between 1850 and 1865, their second child, Charlotte Gay Hale (b 1/2/1852 in Winsley, d 19/11/1955 in Glenn Innes, NSW) was my Great Grand mother.
8. Ellen Duck (b 24/5/1827, m 8/5/1852 to John D Stockham in Bristol, m secondly to a Mr Hirst, d 8/3/1885 in London). I have no details of any issue.
I currently have 263 descendants of my GGGG Grand mother, Mrs Mary Duck in my family tree.
Regards, Mike Hallinan, Deniliquin, NSW, Australia
Contact me by direct email to "[email protected]" if you need any more.