Duvalls & Ricketts in Nelson County, KY
I have read with interst the thread of messages stemming from the one posted by Kim Stracener Zapalac in late 1998 (msg #261).Of particular interst was the account by Bena Taylor Kirkscey of John Miles Duvall and family travelling from Anne Arundel County, MD to Nelson County, KY with a group of families around 1790.Perhaps I could add a bit to the discussion . . . .
I'm researching Peter Ricketts who arrived in Nelson County, KY by 1786.In researching the Ricketts in the area, I find strong links to the Duvall family as well as Davis, Masden, Harned, and Shain (perhaps also Shane or Shehan???)Here are some connections I have between Ricketts and Duvalls (all in Nelson County, KY unless otherwise noted):
- Elizabeth Ricketts m. Jacob Duvall 06/22/1802 Nelson County, KY.Wonder if this Jacob Duvall was the son of John Miles Duvall . . .
- Peter Ricketts' daughter Eve married Azeriah Davis.The two witnesses were John Lewis Duvall and Benjamin Harned.
- Lewis Duvall m. Louisa Napper 04/21/1814.The two witnesses were Robert Davis and Dennis Duvall.
- Dennis Duvall Jr. m. Rosanna Finch 10/04/1819.Consent signed by Dennis Duvall, Sr.
- John Lewis Duvall m. Liddy Hart 01/01/1793.
- Thomas Duvawl m. Nancy Keith 11/07/1796.
- William P. Duvall m. Nancy Hynes 10/03/1804.
- The estate settlement of Peter Ricketts dated June 13, 1818 lists several notes owed to Peter.A number of these was from Dennis Duvall and Lewis Duvall.John Lewis Duvall was one of the estate appraisers.Dennis Duvall and John Lewis Duvall are also listed as buying some of the property sold at the estate sale.
- Thomas Duvall m. Anna Davis 08/29/1809.
- Peter Ricketts' grandson William Ricketts m. Temperance Duvall 04/10/1836 in Bullitt County, KY.
So. . . . quite a bit of connection between Ricketts & Duvalls.
Would anyone have more information on this Nelson County, KY branch of Duvalls?I'd like to discover more about them as well as the Ricketts line.There's a large group of Ricketts in Maryland in the 1700s, but I haven't been able to link Peter Ricketts to them or any other Ricketts family east of the Appalachians before 1785.