I descend from Sarah & Nehemiah.
Here is what I've gathered from other people and family members.
Rich Ellingsworth bn bef. 1612 married Unknown ______________
1.Richard Ellingsworth bn ber. 1632 died abt. 1700 married Unknown __________________
Richard Ellingsworth bn bef. 1632, died abt. 1700 married Unknown _________________
1. Richard Ellingsworth bn abt. 1652 married Margaret Covington abt. 1672.
Richard was the first Ellingsworth to come to America, arrived in the provine of Maryland.
2. William Ellingsworth bn abt. 1655 maried Sarah abt. 1675 He died abt. 1678.
Richard Ellingsworth bn abt. 1652 married Margaret Covington abt. 1672, bn aft. 1655 in Great Monie HD., Somerset Co., MD. Her parents were Nehemiah Covington and Mary? Nee.
1. Richard Ellingsworth bn abt. 1675 married Elizabeth?
2. Ann Ellingsworth bn abt. 1673 in Great Moonie HD., Somerset Ct. MD.
Richard Ellingsworth bn abt. 1675 married Elizabeth? ___________________
1. William Ellingsworth bn. abt. 1723 married Rachel Mezick
2. Nehemiah Covington Ellingsworth,bn abt. 1724
3. Robert Ellingsworth bn abt. 1725 md a Jane.
William Ellingsworth bn abt. 1723 married Rachel Mezick abt. 1750, she was bn abt. 1714 in Nanticoke HD., Somerset Co., MD.Her father was Jabob Mezick and Rachel Covington.
5. Nehemiah Covington Ellingsworth bn Dec. 28, 1762 in Stephney Parish, MD, died aft. 1794 md 1. Sarah Workman, 2. Polly Beard Workman
All Born bet 1750-1768in SOmerset Co., Stephney Parish, MD.
Nehemiah Covington Ellingsworthbn. Dec. 28, 1762 in Somerset Co., Stepney Parish, MD md 1. Sarah Workman, abt. 1790 in MD? He aft. 1794 2. Polly Beard Workman.
They had 1. Sarah & Nehemiah
1. William Ellingsworth bn abt. 1791
2. Jacob Ellingsworth bn abt. 1792 in Delaware md bef. 1809 to Sally
3. John Ellingsworth bn abt. 1792 died abt. 1820 md. abt. 15 to Mary Tamir
They had 2. Polly & Nehemiah
1. Josiah Ellingsworth, bnNov. 123, 1809 in DE
2. James Ellingsworth bnAbt. 1812 in MD
Jacob Ellingsworth bn. bef. abt. 1791 in DE, died in Maryland, married Sally bef. 1809, bn abt. 1795 in Broad Creek HD., Sussex Co., Delaware.
1. Elizabeth Ellingsworth bn abt. 1809
2. Jennie Ellingsworth bn abt. 1810
3. William James Ellingsworth bn abt. 1810 in Worcester Co., MD married bef. 1832 to Zepporah Evans. He died on Oct. 22, 1892, in Geneseo, Henry Co., IL.
4. Henry Ellingsworth, bn abt. 1811
5. Minnie/Minus Ellingsworthbn abt. 1812
6. James Ellingsworth bn abt. 1812 in DE died abt. 1867
William James Ellingsworth bn abt. 1810 in Worcester Co., MD, died Oct. 22, 1892 in Geneseo, Henry Co., IL, Married bef 1832 to Zepporah Evans bn Abt. 1806 in Worcester Co., MD, died abt. 1866in Geneseo, Henry Co., IL.
They had these children:
1. Jacob Henry Ellingsworth bn Abt, 1832 in MD? died ? md April 16, 1863 Hannah Adams in Rock Island Co., IL
2. Eliza E. Ellingsworth bn Oct. 16, 1835, poss Berlin, MD, married Feb 28, 1860 *H.C. *"Hiram Carroll/Carl" Bartlett in Rock Island Co., IL
3. Elizabeth (Dolly) Ellingsworth bn aft. 1840 in MD 1. Jacob (Jake) Smith, prob Rock Island Co., IL 2. Albert Willis(?)
4. William James Ellingsworth, Jr. bn. Mar.7, 1842, Worcester Co., MD, died Jan 1920 prob Rock Island Co., md Cynthia Ann Bartlett on Sept. 10, 1861 in Davenport, Rock Island Co., IL, she wasbn Jan 17, 1844, she diedon April 1, 1906, her father was Michael Bartlett, bn. in Vermont abt. 1790.They had at least 10 children.
5. Josephus S. Ellingsworth bn. Oct. 15, 1845 in Worcester Co., MD, died aft. 1910, IL, md: Mary Hanna (Bartlett)
6. John Lemuel Ellingsworth -- my Great Great Grandpa bn. Feb 22, 1847 in Worcester Co., MD died Feb 17, 1916 in Rock Island, Moline, IL married in 1872 Anna (Annie) Lovina Jones (relative of Abraham Lincoln) in Moline, Rock Island Co., IL.
6. They had Roy Ellingsworth, bn Sept. 5, 1878 in Hannah Twp., Henry Co., IL, died bef. 1901 digging for clams on the Mississippi.His body had to be retrieved from down the river.
Lyle Valentine Ellingsworth bn Feb. 1886 in IL.
Edwin J. Tryon Ellingsworth, bn in Olpe, Emporia, Kansas, died abt. 1983 in Vancouver, Clark Co., Washington married Mary Nash.
Ida Elizabeth Ellingsworth bn Aug. 7, 1888 in Olpe, Emporia Co., Kansas, Married in Rock Island and died in Chicago, IL.
There is information on William Ellingsworth children written in the Henry County, IL History book, 1910.Page 768 & 769
Also looking for any information on the Evans family.Zeppporah's father was William Evans.
William & Zepporah can be found on the 1850 census in New Berlin, Worcester Co., MD, date of enumerationAug. 6, 1850.
William Ellingsworth is also listed in the 1860 census for Hampton Twp., Rock Island Co., IL Pg. 652.Have not yet looked at this census.But I know that my John Lyle Ellingsworth lived in here in the early 1900's.
These Ellingsworths are listed in the Archivess Marriage Record Index for Rock Island Co., IL Listed for 1833-1869
Jacob N. Elensworth md Marth J. Evans on 4/18/1855
Dolly E. Ellensworth married Albert W. Willis on 4/25/1855
Jacob H. Ellensworth md Frances J. Marshall on 2/14/1861
Mrs. Alice Ellignsworth md Mark Roadhouse on 6/10/1864
Eliza E. Ellingsworth md Hiram Bartlett on 2/28/1860.
J.H. Ellingsworth md Hannah Adams on 4/16/1863.
I have other misc. Ellingsworth info that I have been collecting for years.
Does anyone know if Lyle and Valentine are also family names.I know the Tryon comes from my Jones side.But I have always been curious about Lyle and Valentine.Thought maybe they also used family names for middle names?