Re: The End of this Erdman line...
Any Erdman pictures would be great.Caroline's husband's father was Matthias Erdman.About 4 generations back, our ancestor was Matthias' brother, John.That's the connection and it's way, way back.This is what I have:
George Michael Erdman b./21 Feb 1836-d./23 Mar 1912 of heart disease and originally buried at Oaklawn Cemetery.
m./25 Nov 1869
Caroline V. Pearl Blakely b./9 Feb 1846-d./20 Jan 1885
Daughter of John William Blakely and Maria Elizabeth Robinson(does this match your info?)
1. Matthias Wilhelm Erdman b./16 Jun 1871-d./2 Sep 1945
m./4 Nov 1914
Sarah Agnes Heath b./1874-d./5 Feb 1963
One child: George M. Erdman b./28 Aug 1915-d./31 Aug 1932
2. Herman Blakely Erdman b./10 Jul 1873-d./10 Jul 1877
3. George Howard Erdman b./6 Oct 1875-d./17 Jul 1877
4. Olover L. Erdman b./27 Jan 1879-d./31 Jan 1899
5. George Edward Erdman b./28 Jul 1880-d./20 Apr 1917
6. Pearl Amelia Erdman b./29 Feb 1884-d./17 Jul 1884
Hmm...I wonder if the two that died so close in 1877 had something that was contagious and ultimately fatal?I have transcribed some of the death certificates, but too much info to put in here.Let me know if this info seems correct.