Daniel Ferguson - The Immigrant - 1650 Berwick Maine
I am looking for some help in trying to find Daniel Ferguson of Scotland who fought against
Oliver Cromwell at the Battle of Dunbar and was put on "The Unity" an sent to Berwick Maine in 1650/early 1651.
I am trying to find out where in Scotland he came from. He was a soldier taken prisoner on September 3rd, 1650 by Oliver Cromwell. He was probably from somewhere close to Dunbar and he was probably between 15-35 years of age when he was taken prisoner.
My 8 x great- grandfather was this Daniel Ferguson who survived that massacre and was put aboard the Unity on November 11th, 1650 bound for the New World. I am one of his direct descendants.
The direct Daniel Ferguson lineage goes as follows:
Ferguson Family Line In America from 1650* - Present
1. Daniel Ferguson Mary ____________
b. 1633 d. 1676 b. 1635 d. 1708
2. Alexander Ferguson Elizabeth Frost Gowen
b. 1672 d. 1731 b. 1673 d. 1733
3. John Ferguson Hannah Chase
b. 1710 d. 1765 b. 1725 d. 1798
4. John Ferguson Mary Coffin
b. 1746 d. 1823 b. 1750 d. 1810
5. William Ferguson Deborah Luce
b. 1770 d. 1854 b. 1772 d. 1837
6. John Ferguson Sarah Davis Luce
b. 1794 d. 1861 b. 1803 d. 1878
7. John Howard Ferguson Virginia Butler Earhart
b. 1838 d. 1915 b. 1842 d. 1915
8. Walter Judson Ferguson India McCandlish Giffney
b. 1867 d. 1915 b. 1869 d. 1935
9. John Howard Ferguson II Mary Flood
b. 1897 d. 1956 b. 1900 d. 1983
10. John Howard Ferguson IIIJosephine Anne Rote
b. 1930 d. 1997 b. 1934 d. 1994
11. John Howard Ferguson IVStacey Durelle Fuller
b. 1964 d. b. 1980 d.
12. John Howard Ferguson V
b. 2009 d.
* While we are unsure when Daniel Ferguson was born or from whence he came
in Scotland, we do know by historically recorded fact that he, along with
many other Scottish indentured, arrived to the New World late in 1650, a
prisoner aboard the British Ship, "The Unity" at the behest of the recently
victorious British General, Oliver Cromwell, at the Battle of Dunbar.