Re: a wrong turn at Wm Ferry (m Mary Bailes)
By pat March 08, 2011 at 12:08:07
After much reading and digging, I have now corrected and solidified the Ferry line I have been researching.
- Joseph Lewis Ferry b 1918 SK CAN, d 1973 BC CAN
- Albert V Ferry b 1887 NS CAN (s/o Isabella Longstaff), d 1958 AB CAN, m Mary A Cruickshank
- John V Ferry b 1841 Haswell, DUR ENG, d 1927 BC CAN, m1 Margaret Willis, m2 Isabella Longstaff
- John Ferry b 1809 West Herrington, DUR ENG, d 1844 Haswell mine disaster, Haswell, DUR ENG, m Elizabeth Weatherby
- William Ferry b 1780 Lanchester, son of John and Dorothy, m 1805 Mary Bailes (Wm is fashioned of "Cornsay" in his birth, marriage, and subsequent Census return records).
- John Ferry pr b 1739 Brancepeth DUR ENG, m 1769 Dorothy Young
This last generation is probable:
- William Ferry pr b 1696 Brancepeth DUR ENG, m 1731 Mary Noble
What would be (if proven) William 1696's ggg g/s was named Armand Noble Ferry, brother of above Albert V Ferry.
Thanks to a Brian Ferry in Durham, I have discovered that Wm Ferry who married Jane Robson and was son of Bailey Ferry was not the same William I was looking for.
Further, the John Ferry b 1781 did not marry Frances Christie or anyone else, as his death was registered in 1811 as "son of" Bailey and Susannah - not "husband of".