The Flanders Family from Peterborough, Nothampton to King's Lynn, Norfolk
Hi fellow Flanders researchers,
I am researching the line of Flanders who appears to have come from Northamptonshire and by the era of 1779, have relocated to King's Lynn.
This is what I have so far.(I just cut ad pasted what I sent to someone this morning, hence the personal banter.)
Does anyone see any errors or who could add some information?I would be in your debt.
• Philip Flanders born about 1683 (an estimation) in, most likely, Oundle, Northampton although I find earlier Flanders from Wellingborough, Northampton; I have no further information on him.Have not found a wife for him and it doesn’t seem anyone else has either.
• This Philip had 6 children (that I know of)
1) Philip Flanders: born in 1707-1709 in Oundle, Northampton; baptized on 8 Mar 1708/09 at St Peter Church in Oundle, Northampton; died December 1748 in Oundle and buried on 23 Dec 1748 at St Peter Church in Oundle.
2) Jane Flanders:I have the rest of the children’s baptisms but nothing else right now.
3) Sarah Flanders
4) Elizabeth Flanders
5) Anne Flanders
6) Susan Flanders
• Philip Flanders only had one child that I can find; John Flanders
• John Flanders: Born 29 May 1744 in Peterborough, Northampton; Married Alice Cave (b. 8 Jan 1743 in Peterborough, Northampton – no further information.Do you have any data on Alice Cave?I’ve searched and searched for her but don’t find any Alice Caves born in Peterborough).They had 3 children (I think *)
- Robert Flanders: b. 19 May 1771, Peterborough; no baptism date; d. 20 Jun 1850, King’s Lynn.Married Elizabeth Witton/Whitton (abt. 1771-1843 – Do you know any info on her parents?) on 18 May 1797 in Peterborough.They had the following children:
1) George Flanders
2) William Flanders
3) Alice Flanders
4) Elizabeth Flanders
5) Mary Ann Flanders
6) Joseph Flanders
7) Mary Flanders(…and I can take from here on)
- Susanna Flanders: Born about 1773 in Peterborough; died 4 Apr 1773 in Peterborough
- *Thomas Flanders (altho’ I’m not sure about him)
I would welcome any additional information on this particular line of Flanders.