Re: FORCE/FORSE, Thomas in Pennsylvania
Jefferson FORCE and Susan L. MULHOLLAN had fourteen children, as follows:
1. Wilhemina m. Robert A. ASKEY
2. Catherine E. m. Albert GILMORE
3. Hannah M. m. Johnson WATSON
4. Agnes E. m. John Thomas FYE
5. Carrie Amanda m. William Henry MEEKER
6. Martin T./S. m. Delilah (HAMILTON) HART
7. John C. died at age 20
8. Lovina Carolina m. George HOUDESHELL
9. Mary Alice m. Richard WHILES
10. Martha Ellen m1 Jacob WHILES, m2 Wilson SMEAL
11. Lucy Malinda m1 William EMERICK, m2 John G. KING
12. George W. died as an infant
13. William E. died as an infant
14. Albert M. died as an infant
I don't know who Jefferson's parents were. The names of his siblings were given to me by another family researcher. I can't verify their accuracy. However, Martin V. was also a resident of the Pine Glen area and is most likely a brother of Jefferson.
The FORCE children show up in the 1850 census of Centre county, but none of the them are together, nor is there any sign of a household that could be their parents. I haven't extended the search to Clearfield county, but I do know there were additional FORCE families there.
Jefferson's wife, Susan, was the daughter of John MULHOLLAN and his first wife, Emily BOILEAU. John was the son of Rudolph and Mary or Elizabeth (WEIRHAM) MULHOLLAN. The family was in the lumber trade in Centre county in the Pine Glen area.
I am descended from Lovina (FORCE) HOUDESHELL. I have additional information on most of Jefferson and Susan's children. Please let me know if you're interested in it.