Martin & Reka Fredrickson - Denmark>Iowa>Kansas
Morten Frederiksen was born abt 1830 in Maribo, Denmark, and married Fredrikke Peterson (Pedersen/Peitersen?). They had these nine children before leaving Denmark:
1. Niels Ferdinand Frederiksen m. Marie "Mary" Christine Bock
2. Anne Johanna Frederiksen ("Annie") m. Martin Anderson
3. Sine Marie Frederiksen ("Sena") m. Gomme Frederik Brandt Nielsen Hjortholm
4. Karen Joanne Frederiksen ("Hannah") m. Peter Hansen
5. Jens Peter Frederiksen ("James") 1-m. Emma "Artie" Dornbergh, 2-m. Stella Buckley, 3-m. "Jennie" _____
6. Lauritz Christen Frederiksen ("Lars") 1-m. Levina H. Wedekend, 2-m. Clara Emma Schneider
7. Agnes Dorothea Fredericksen 1-m. Henry William Siemens, 2-m. Charles Edmond Reynolds
8. Frederik Frederiksen ("Fred") m. Anna Patrina Raahauge
9. Laurine Frederiksen ("Lorena" or "Renie") never married
Morten and his oldest son Niels Ferdinand Fredrickson came to America in 1878 to work for the railroad. More Americanized spelling of their names, like "Martin Fredrickson," appear often in county records. After they settled in Kellogg, Jasper Co., IA, Martin sent for the rest of his family. On 22 Oct 1879, Frederikke registered tickets for passage for herself and the remaining eight children to travel to Kellogg, Iowa; they left Denmark aboard the ship, Thingvalla.
The family began their new life in Iowa but as the railroad work moved on so did most of the family--finally settling in Allen County, Kansas. Morten died 29 Aug 1899 and was buried at the Humboldt Cem, and his widow Reka spent her remaining years living with her various children. In 1918, while living with her son James, Reka died on June 26, and was buried at the Swedish Lutheran Cemetery in Allen County, KS. Today the couple's descendants are scattered all across the United States. I'd love to hear from any of them.