Martin & Priscilla Gazzette, Lewistown, PA
Hi James, thought I'd log on to this site with my Gazette (or Gazzette, or Gasette) information as well to further our research on this particular family.
Martin and Priscilla Gazzette (Gazette) were of Lewistown, Mifflin Co., PA, and had 11 children.Her maiden name is not known. I'm searching for her maiden name? According to 1900 U.S. Census of Lewistown, Mifflin Co., PA, Martin was born in April 1838, and Priscilla was born in March 1843.
They were married for 37 years in 1900, hence married about 1863.Six of their 11 children were living with them in 1900. Known children were:
1. William E. Gazette, b. 1866.
2. Mary Gazette, b. 1867.
3. Samuel Gazette, b. January 1869, employed as laborer.
4. Ella Gazette, b. July 1871, married Mr. Wolf, with one son Clarence Wolf, b. October 1895.
5. Addie Gazette, b. 1874.
6. Bessie Gazette, b. 1875, employed as tailoress, married James Egan about 1911, with three children: (1) Mary Louise Egan, b. 1913; (2) James Egan, b. 1914; (3) George Richard, b. 1916.
7. Beulah Gazette, b. 1878.
8. Harry Gazette, b. February 1881, employed as laborer in Stoveworks business.
9. Charles Gazette, twin, b. May 1883, employed as stonecutter.
10. Carrie Priscilla Gazette, twin, b. May 1883, she later spelled her name Gazzette, married William Frederick Geibel, Sr., and had 5 children; (1) Priscilla E. Geibel, b. 1908; (2) William F. Geibel, Jr., b. 1910; (3) Charlotte A. Geibel, b. 1914; (4) Mary Geibel, b. 1918; and (5) Jane Geibel, b. 1921.
11. Infant Gazette, died young, no dates, perhaps the first born between 1863-1866?
Martin Gazette was employed as a carpenter according to the 1900 census of Lewistown, Mifflin Co., PA.
Anyone with ties to this Gazette family, please contact Bruce Geibel, [email protected]