VOGT orig of Hanover; NYC 1840s; NJ 1880s
By Ned November 24, 2004 at 05:32:30
Hi. Seeking my VOGT cousins. Family from Hannover. Immigrated to New York City (Manhattan) in @ the 1840s -- removed to Jersey City NJ in the 1880s. Branches believed to have spread
throughout Hudson & Bergen Counties (and probably beyond). Immigrant's name was John or Henry (or perhaps John Henry). His wife's name was Dora (short for Dorothea) (probably her
birth namee was Weichmann). Family was Episcopalian in America. Don't know what their religion may have been in Germany.
Dora and John had:
5. Teanie (Christina)
6. Minnie (Wilhelmina)
8. Henry (died young; was an invalid and often sick)
9. One Other
1. Frederick m. Mary _____. Lived in North Bergen, at foot of Plank Road. Issue:
1b. Lily m. ______. Had Issue.
1e. Frederick Jr.
3 William m. first Mainee ____. Had:
3a. William Vogt Jr. m. Florence
3b. Harold Vogt m. ______
3c. Florence Vogt m. August Eibel. They lived in Secaucus.
3d. Mabel Vogt
3e. George Vogt m. _______. Had one son. Lived in Jersey City.
3. William Vogt married Second. Emma _______.
They lived in Secaucus. No issue.
5. Teanie Vogt #1m ______. Issue:
5a. Bertha m. Ameal
5b. Minnie m. Arthur ______. Issue:
5ba Arthur Jr., d. as child
5bb A daughter, d. age 17 or 18
5. Teanie #2m Theodore Heuser [Fire Chief in Mt. Vernon, scalded to death in a boiler during a fire; as a widow, when Dorothy knew her, Teanie lived in West New York] Issue:
5c. Emma m. John ______. Issue:
5cb. Theodore Jr. m. _______. Issue:
7. Annie m. Edward Haphe. Issue:
7a. Edward Haphe m. Louise Lehman. They lived on Zabriskie Street in Jersey City.