Glissan of Nenagh Tipperary and Queensland
Looking for any info regarding PATRICK CHARLES GLISSAN (M.D.) who died in Drayton-Toowoomba, Queensland in 1856.He married Dorothea/Dorah Going in Templederry/Nenagh, Tipperary, Ireland in 1832.He immigrated to Australia c.1842.Dorothea died in Toowoomba 1866.I am especially interested in any info regarding Patrick Glissan in Nenagh, Tipperary.
Known children of Patrick and Dorothea are:
(1) Frances Jane Henrietta (who married Frederick Otto SACHSE)
(2) Margaret Elizabeth (who married Francis NORTH)
(3) George Frederick (who married Mary MUIR)
(4) Charles Edward
(5) Augustus Henry 'Gus' (who married Alice Esther HASSELL)
(6) Emily Helena (who married James Hamilton SCOTT)
(7) Caroline Matilda (never married)
(8) Dorothea Louise (who married Seaton Henderson DUNN)
(9) William Henry (died as an infant)
There is supposed to be 14 children in all, I have only found nine of them.
Dorothea Going was the daughter of Thomas Going and Frances Powell.
Other info is available on my website http://www.ancestors-genealogy.com/gburke/http://www.ancestors-genealogy.com/gburke/