"AltaVista Home › Tools › Babel Fish Translation › Translated Text
Babel Fish TranslationHelp
In English: Church lane 16, dark yard until around 1480 was the community centre worth seeing because of the stadtmauer, those up to then the quarter "Innersteyrdorf" (Michaelerplatz, church lane, bath lane) umschloss. To this attachment also in the garden of this house the military tower, today a ruin, belonged in the vernacular "hunger tower" mentioned. Also the 1842 by fire destroyed, with the pharmacy the church lane spanning gate building ("Brittingertor") ranked among these weir systems, and it is not impossible that remainders of the mentioned stadtmauer, those toward end 15. Century by also around "Aussersteyrdorf" (Sierninger -, shoe soil and Gleinkergasse) wall belts built had become redundant, for the establishment of the western Hoftraktes of the pharmacist house were used. After completion of the extended city attachment purchased in the first decades 16. Century, perhaps around 1520, which lategothical, with geschuppten, gerauteten and turned columns and tracery ornamental art equipped arcade course of the front house. At the west and north side limits the magnificent yard, he is the most beautiful of this kind in our city, an arcade course from the Renaissance. The wonderful building let specify anyhow the rich advice citizen and commercial gentleman Lorenz Gutbrodt, since in the oldest tax book of the city Steyr are called from the year 1543 its inheriting as owners of the house. Gutbrodt was within short time by the trade arrived at large wealth, also in the town councillor played it an important role. As Preuenhueber in its annals reports, the craftsmen weighted about him around 1507: "sey still before 8 years the poor servant genest, jetzo however he has probably 8000 flat steel bars. in the measurer trade. Then it at stranger of people gehaenget itself, and with their Huelffe aufgekaufft that no other Burger gefuehret, thus hievor the measurer trade, now further progress knows all measurers allhie. Such sey the Rath to different grind indicated, but no change for-taken ". After the Lorenz Gurbrodt, of whose death in the year 1527 a splendid Epitaph in the north portal of the city parish church reminds, belonged the possession to in 19. Century likewise wealthy commercial people. Only in the year 1834 by Christian Brittinger, which the real estate by 9000 guldens C M. had bought, a pharmacy one furnished, on it followed here 1867 Alfreds Brittinger, to 1880 Emma Brittinger, 1885 Karl and Johanna Arazim, 1891 Mr. Heinrich long, 1894 Mathilde Stippl (Anton Stippl), 1910 Mr. Petrol Dunkl. Finally it is mentioned that pharmacist Christian Brittinger worked eagerly as a natural scientist and wrote valuable scientific papers. Among its most important publications rank: "Flora of upper Austria or systematic overview of all in this country wild-growing or in the free one built seed plants" (1862), "the breeding birds of upper Austria together with indication of their building of nests and description of their eggs" (1866"