I visited Hundon in Suffolk the other day & found the following graves, which may be of interest to someone: 1. Thomas Goodchild, late of Clare, Born Sept 10th 1802, died July 8th(?) 18?7 (1857 or 1867 or1887)
2. George Goodchild aged 29 (?) 1827
3. To the memory of members of the Goodchild family, whose remains lie near this spot; Thomas Goodchild died Feb 4th 1819 aged 67 years Martha his wife died June 17th 1833 aged 85 years Thomas Goodchild died Nov 22nd 1822 aged 44 years Sally his wife died March 27th 1863 aged 87 years Thomas Goodchild died July 5th 1857 aged 54 years Samuel Goodchild died March 27th 1852 aged 57 years Emma Jutsum died Oct 7th 1845 aged 29 years Martha Dixon died May 8th 1881 aged 75 years Jemima Goodchild died Sept 13th 1887 aged 87 years
4. Thomas Goodchild departed October 7th 181? aged 29 years
5. William Goodchild of Pinhoe Hall died Wed Aug 7th 1878 in his 72nd year and Dudley his wife who died Wed Aug 8th 1877 in her 69th year
6. Thomas Goodchild....son of William Goodchild (dates unreadable)
7. In memory of George son of Thomas and Sarah Goodchild of Clare died May 25th 1862(?) and In memory of Emma daughter of Tomas and Sarah Goodchild born June 3(?) 1858 (?) died sept 11 1862(?)
8. Kate Eldest daughter of George and E Goodchild of Clare who died 28th 1876 in her 8th year
9. Tom Goodchild July 14th 1881 in 21st year
There were many other Goodchild inscriptions that were too decayed to read.
My interest lies in George W. Goodchild (Market Place, Clare, Suffolk, UK. born ~1841, Hundon) married to Eliza D Goodchild (born ~1842, Finchingfield, Essex, UK). Farmers and Butchers. Also Noah Savage and Mary Ann Savage(nee Chapman) living at The Shop, Stradishall, Suffolk, UK.