Grams & Olden of Frederick Co, MD
I've just started research on my fathers side of the family.My Grandparents were both from Frederick Co, MD.I remember as a child going to family reunions in Frederick County, but don't know too much about that side of the family.My grandparents
Edith Marie Grams b. 3/6/1914 (Brunswick, Frederick Co, MD) d. 5/15/1988- married Melvin C. Olden b. ?8/5/1914? d. 8/8/1990.Here is what I know about my grandmothers parents and her grandparents.
George Frank Grams b. 10/12/1872 d. 8/5/1923 married Alta Luvizia Montgomery b. 5/26/1876 b. 9/10/1954
They had the following children
1. Thomas Franklin Grams b. 2/7/1904
2. Ruth Evelyn Snippie Grams b. 10/23/1917 d. 2/10/1986
3. Daisy Mae Grams b. 1/27/1902 d. 8/17/1982
4. Clarence William (Tink) Grams b. 1/24/1910 d. 4/1965
5. Lydia Grams (died at birth or within one year?) - 1896
6. Jessie Grams (died at birth or within one year? - 1897)
7. Ralph Leroy Grams b. 1900 d. 1950
8. Altree Grams (died at birth or within one year? - 1901)
9. Raymond Grams (died at birth or within one year? - 1906
10. Mary Louise Grams b. 2/28/1907 d. 1/2/1984
11. Hazel Virginia Grmas b. 3/5/1912 d. 1/16/1977
12. EDITH MARIE GRAMS b. 3/6/1914 d. 5/15/1988 (my grandmother)
13. Johnny Grams (died at birth or within one year? - 1916)
The parents of George Frank Grams are Jonathan N. Grams b. 1/13/1812 d. 1/10/1865 and Elizabeth C. ???b. 1/15/1814 d. 10/12/1852.
I was at the National Archives in DC this past weekend and did find the George Franklin Grams family listed in the 1920 Census, living in Frederick Co, District #22.In this Census they have George listed as Grams, G. Frank .. so I'm led to believe that he went by the name Frank???
Any help would greatly be appreciated.