SC;R Deed Nppl J Mp/ 9 )1842-1753) pgs 294 & 295 Deed. 12 Mar 1750 - From William Russel, carenter of Sussex Co., Del. to Marnix Virden, farmer of the same place.For 33 pounds, 105 acres of land.Land is situated in Lewes & Rehoboth Hundred and contains 135 acres, being part of a larger trace containing 500 acres which was taken up and patented by Roger Gum, which 105 acres if not yet laid off and surveyed but is to be laid off on the north side of the land whereon William Russell now lives.Synopsis of the title:William Penn, Esq., by his patent granted the 500 acres to Roger Gum who sold the 500 acres to John Fisher and Thomas Fisher and John Fisher heirs of the afsd John Fisher by their deed of gift conveyed the land to Sarah Fisher who married William Spencer who sold the land to William Pettyjohn who sold on Aug 4, 1748 255 acres to William Russell.William Russell signs.Wits. Samuel Davis, John Rodney.Ack 12Mar1750.
1686, Jul 15 (15th 4mo)"John Okey and Mary his wife acknowledge sale and conveyance of 300 acres situated next too Roger Gums and Richard Laws "White Horse" patented 27th of 8th month 1684 by Phillip Russell for the use of John Vines and Wm. Smith."(Sussex County Deed Bk, A 1, p 32.Also found in RoSCD, p 420)