I am jumping on the wagon, I also have Harpers in Hart County, Kentucky. I do not have documention on this yet, I just recieved it and started working on it. If you can help please do so..
(13) Nancy J. Harper, daughter of Jacob Lock and Sarah E. (Harper) Harper, was born 11 Nov 1859 in Kentucky, and married (12) Preston Poynter.
80 Otha Poynterb.1883
7 Luna Poynterb.1 Aug 1886d.5 Nov 1952
81 Walter Poynterb.1889
(14) Jacob Lock Harper, son of Hiram and Nancy (Lock) Harper, was born 1832 and married 2 Jan 1853 in Hart, Kentucky, (15) Sarah E. Harper, daughter of Ransom and Ann Elizabeth (Grinstead) Harper, who was born 1836 in Kentucky.Jacob Lock died 1899 in Hart, Kentucky.Sarah E. died 1910 in Hart, Kentucky.
73 John Thomas Harperb. 29 Jan 1854
74 James Henry Harperb. 17 Oct 1857
13 Nancy J. Harperb. 11 Nov 1859
75 Ransom B. Harperb. 11 Mar 1862
76 Edward H. Harperb.c1864
77 Emily Alice Harperb. 31 Aug 1866
78 Lucy C. Harperb.7 May 1869d.9 Dec 1884
79 Ada Harperb.1876
(16) Hiram Harper was born 1797 in Tennessee, and married (17) Nancy Lock, daughter of Mr. and Margaret P. () Lock, who was born 1795 in Kentucky.
14 Jacob Lock Harperb.1832d.1899
69 James W. Harperb.1837
70 Sarah Helen Harperb. 25 May 1840d. 15 Feb 1910
(18) Ransom Harper, son of Samuel, Jr., and Sarah or Sally (Smith) Harper, was born 15 Mar 1814 in Kentucky, and married 1835 in Hart, Kentucky, (19) Ann Elizabeth Grinstead, daughter of John and Mrs. () Grinstead, who was born 8 Jul 1811.Ransom died 3 Apr 1875 and was buried in Harper Cem..Ann Elizabeth died 24 Nov 1865.
Notes for Ann Elizabeth Grinstead:
!Ann has no stone on her grave.
15 Sarah E. Harperb.1836d.1910
61 Miles Thomas Harperb.4 Nov 1838d. 12 Dec 1924
62 Mary Y. Harperb. 19 Apr 1841
63 John Samuel Harperb. 25 Oct 1843d. 19 Jan 1928
64 Lucy A. Harperb.1847
65 Susan Elizabeth Harperb.3 Dec 1853
66 Martha Ellen Harperb. 19 Aug 1855
He also married (67) Elizabeth Owen who was born 1830.
68 William K. Harperb.1872
(71) Mr. Lock married (72) Margaret P. who was born 1769 in Virginia.
17 Nancy Lockb.1795
(22) Samuel Harper, Jr., son of Samuel, Sr., and Mary (Ford) Harper, was born 1795 in South Carolina, and married (23) Sarah or Sally Smith, daughter of Amos and Mrs. () Smith, who was born 1795 in Kentucky.
Notes for Samuel Harper, Jr.:
!They were married in Barren County Kentucky by Rev. Jacob Locke. the 1850 Census placed them in Hart County. Samuel was in Hart County when it was formed in 1819.
18 Ransom Harperb. 15 Mar 1814d.3 Apr 1875
51 Matilda Harperb.1821
52 William Harperb.1824
53 Elizabeth Harperb.1825
55 Melinda Harperb.1828
54 Mary G. Harperb.1830
56 Susan Harperb.1831
57 Isaac N. Harperb.1833
58 Eliza F. Harperb.1835
59 Melissa Harperb.1837
60 Cecilia Harperb.1838
(20) John Grinstead married (21) Mrs..
19 Ann Elizabeth Grinsteadb.8 Jul 1811d. 24 Nov 1865
(26) Samuel Harper, Sr., son of Hans and Elizabeth () Harper, was born 1760 in Virginia?, and married (27) Mary Ford.Samuel, Sr., died in Kentucky.
Notes for Samuel Harper, Sr.:
!He was at Boonesboro Fort, Kentucky 1779-1783 !A marriage licence was found in Rowan County S.C. but we do not know if it is the same Samuel.The 1780(90?) census placed him in Spartanburg, South Carolina He came to Barren County Kentucky around 1812, He was in Hart County Kentucky when formed in1819. Is the mother of his children, Mary Ford or Elizabeth?
22 Samuel Harper, Jr.b.1795
98 Polly Harper
99 James William Harperb.6 Nov 1813
(24) Amos Smith married (25) Mrs..
23 Sarah or Sally Smithb.1795
(28) Hans Harper, son of Michael and Isabel () Harper, married (29) Elizabeth.
Notes for Hans Harper:
!Hans moved from Augusta County Virginia to Spartanburg South Carolina about 1768 . He was a R.W. Veteran.
90 Hans or Hance Harper, Jr.
26 Samuel Harper, Sr.b.1760
91 Isaac Harper
92 Robert Harper
93 William Harper
(30) Michael Harper was born in Rhine Valley, Germany, and married (31) Isabel.Michael died 1766 in South Branch, Virginia.
Notes for Michael Harper:
!They came from the Rhine Valley in Germany and settled in Augusta County, Va. Michael died in South Branch Virginia. They lived at a Scotch-Irish settlement called Cowpasture, Va.
82 Matthew Harper
28 Hans Harper
83 Jacob Harper
84 Phillip Harper
85 Eva C. Harper
86 Nicholas Harper
87 Adam Harper
88 Michael Harper, Jr.