It is great to get your query on this board.Since writing this query, I have gotten some new information.Any help you or anyone else can give me would be greatly appreciated!I am trying to clarify the children of these brothers, John Harryman b. 1790 TN d. 1854 in Okawville, Washington County, IL, and Sarah [maiden unknown] b. 1789 NC.A researcher stated John married Sarah Majors, but this has not been proven., and I am not sure it is correct.I believe John had only one wife.While looking for John’s children, I was trying to find his brother, Charles Harryman’s, children.This would be Charles Harryman b. 1793 TN, d.1867 Okawville, Washington County, IL.Both John and Charles lived close in Wash Co, IL and named some of the children the same names, as did their brother, Thomas, and their ancestors before them.As I understand your Thomas Harryman was b. 1797 TN, d. 1873 MO, who married Jane Burch was the brother of the above John and Charles.The Allie you mention I have as Ollie, daughter of Charles 1825-1893, who m. Charles Garrett.This was from Ethel Harryman’s book.Was her name Allie?
I have the same children that you have for Thomas, with the exception of Ellen?These I found in Ethel Harryman’s book.I would appreciate more detail on them, if you have it.Now Ethel Harryman must have been confused on some of John and Charles children.I have since received from another researcher C. Cornwell [related through Charles’ daughter, Mary] the Will of Charles Harryman 1793-1867, married to Winney and Sarah, who lived in Washington County, IL.This Will names his children or if the children were already deceased the grandchildren of that person.Since Louise is not mentioned in Charles’ Will, I do not believe my gggrandmother, Louise, was Charles child, but belonged to John.I have not found a Will for John 1790-1854 as of this date.This is what I have:
John Harryman 1790-1854, and Sarah [unknown] children:
1. Mary [Polly] Harryman b, unknown, m. 1844 in Washington Counlty, IL to John Cumming.[Now this could be your Pollie, since in Ethel Harryman’s book has Thomas Harryman ‘s daughter Polly m. John Cumming in 1844 Washington County, IL.So perhaps she could be your Thomas’ child, but I wonder why she would come from Missouri to be married in IL?However, below you can see Sarah Harryman m. your Charles in Missouri, and some others died in MO.So they did go back and forth.
2. Allie Harrymanb. 1813 TN – d. 1874 Randolph County, IL.In 1831 m. Harvey Neville.
3. Martha Harryman b.1814 TN – d.Abt 1868 IL m. John Moore Land and William Bozarth.
4. Louise Harryman b. 1817 TN – d. Stockham, Hamilton County, NE, m. 1835 to Jackson Land. [Ethel Harryman has her listed as Charles’ ,b. 1793, child, but she is not mentioned in Charles’ Will]
5. Lydia Harryman b. 1819 TN – d. 1880 ILm. Thomas Hammond Land
6. Sarah [Sally] Harryman b. 1823 Wash Co., IL – d. 1842 MO, m. Charles Harryman [ son of Thomas Harryman and Jane Burch], who also married Melinda Harryman, daughter of Walter HarrymanSince this is your gggrandfather perhaps you can give me some input on this?
7. Nancy Harryman b. 1824 Washington County, IL m. 13 Aug. 1844 in St. Clair County, IL to John M. Diestencutter.
8. Charles W. Harryman b. 1827 Okawville, Washington Co., IL, d. 1876 Okawville, Washington County, IL, in Sept 1850 m. Mary Jane Strobeck.
9. Andrew J. Harryman b. 1829 Okawville, Washington County, IL d. May 1856 Okawville, Washington County, IL m. Mary unknown.
10. Malinda b. 1832 in Illinois.[Malinda and Charles were still listed with John & Sarah in the 1850 census.]
Charles Harryman 1793 TN – 1867 Okawville, Washington County, IL and his Wife Winney [maiden name unknown]1797-1846
He married #2 Sarah Jones in 1849, after Winney died.These are Winney and Charles’ children:
1. Mary Harryman b. 1816 TN – d. prob. Jasper County, MO,m. 1839 in Okawville, Washington Co, IL to James W. CannadyThe Cannady name is also some time spelled Kennedy.
2. Nancy Harryman b. 1818 TN, d. 1855 Okawville, Wash Co, IL, m. David Dodson and Alsa Cannady.
3. Tabisha “Tabby” Harryman b. 1820 Wash Co. IL, d. 1869 Lawrence County, MO, m. 1841 in Wash Co, IL to Stephen Cannady
4. Susan Harryman b. 1822 Wash Co, IL, d. after .1870, m. 1846 in Washington Co., IL to Burrell W. Gunn.
5. Sarah Harryman 1824 Wash Co, IL, d. 1890 in Jasper County, Missouri
6. Winney Harryman b. 1826 Wash Co., IL,m. 1850 in Wash Co, IL to Wyatt Cannady
7. Elizabeth Harryman b. 1828 Okawville, Wash Co., IL, d 1843 Okawville.
8. Charles Harryman b. 1829 Okawville, Wash Co, IL, d. 1893 Liberty Cemetery, near Buffalo, Dallas County, MO m.in Wash Co, IL to Amanda H. Ragland.
9. Job Harryman b. 1831 Okawville, Wash Co., IL d. 1884 in Okawville, m. Martha Elizabeth Land, Louisa Cook and Margaret Schmitt.
10. Thomas Harryman b. 1833 Wash Co, IL d. 1878 Conway, Laciede County, MO, m. abt 1855 Elizabeth Strobeck
11. John Harryman b. 1836 Wash Co., IL, d. 1852, Wash Co., IL
12. Milo Harryman b. 1838 Okawville, Wash Co., IL, d. 1865, Bridgeport, Wash Co, IL [prob during Civil War] m. 1864 to Mary Jane “Maggie” Nelson.
These names are very confusing, and any help from you or any other Harryman researchers would be greatly appreciated. I have more completed dates if you need them.I would be glad to share anything I have.Thanks so much.
Thora – firstname.lastname@example.org