John Matthew Hasler and Alice Maude McLean
By L L June 06, 2010 at 01:54:50
I am looking for information on John Matthew Hasler and his wife, Alice Maude McLean.
John was born Sep 1866 in St. James, Phelps Co., MO to Elias Hasler and Maria(h) Devine.He died Feb 23 1923 in Fort Smith, Sebastian Co., AR.
Alice was born about Aug 1868 in St. Louis, Missouri (some sources say Scotland).She died Nov 6 1921 in Fort Smith, Sebastian Co., Arkansas.
They were married about 1886.
Their children include:
1. Edward Elbert, b. Mar 18 1887 in De Soto, MO; d. Apr 1963 in AR; m. Berniece Barber Downes
2. Francis Joseph, b. Oct 28 1888 in DeSoto, MO; d. Sep 4 1956 in Fort Smith, Sebastian Co., AR; m. Gladys Harvel
3. John Matthew, b. Apr 1893 in MO; m. Una Skelton (divorced)
4. Benjamin Eli, b. Apr 2 1897 in MO; d. Dec 16 1944 in San Antonio, Bexar Co., TX; m. Cleo H. Bunch
5. William, b. Mar 1900 in MO
6. Infant daughter (b. in AR, d. 1906 in AR)
They also have a Nellie Hasler living with them in 1920 who is 1 1/2.She is listed as their daughter, but I think she might be a granddaughter, since they were in their 50s when she was born.
I have the following census records for them:
Home in 1900: Poplar Bluff, Butler, Missouri
Home in 1920: Fort Smith Ward 1, Sebastian, Arkansas
I would like to see the 1910 census for them.I'm sure they probably lived in Sebastian, AR, but I can't find the census.Hasler is commonly misspelled.
Any information on John, Alice, and their descendents would be appreciated.