Re: James Hennelly of Monmouth County, New Jersey
Hey cousin! this is to E.M. Bryant- i have a great grandmother named Anna E. Hennelly. her parents were named James and Margaret. i thank you for providing Margaret's maiden name. all i have on them is that they were born in NJ. about 1857, and died before 1930. James' parents came from Ireland, while Margaret's came from Virginia. (although Im preetty sure Margaret is of italian heritage somewhere)
James and Margaret's 4 children are:
1. Anna E. (B. in VA. on 1889/1899. she was a seamstress), 2. John V. (in VA. July 16, 1891, died in MD, December 1965, he was a PipeFitter for the Steam Railroad,
3. Milton (i have info on him yet),
4. Georgia (b. in MD. December 30, 1894, died August 1983 in Baltimore City, MD)
most of the family members, namely, the Hennellys, worked for the Steam Railroad, although i still have yet to confirm which one, but she thinks it's the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (B&O). she also said that one of them, invented and patented something that changed the way steam engines worked. i dont know his name.
i do have the descendants of 2 of the 4 children: Anna E., and Georgia. Anna E. married George Paul Makibbin (1892-1954) in 1915, they had 2 children:
1. James Julian (he's my grandfather)
2. Georgeanna Pauline.
Georgia married Linwood Hammett (Oct 12, 1898- Nov 1973 in MD1913. he was listed only as a boarder, not as husband in the census records, (i'll have to look it up in my files somewhere)he apparently left her and children and died somewhere. i dont know whatever became of him. but grandmom did tell me that Anna had raised her sister, Georgia's children along with her own 2 children.
Georgia's 4 children are:
1. Mary Virginia (b. 1915/1919- 2000)she married Mr. Hand-don't know his first name.
2. Margaret E., b. 1914 in MD. married Mr. Murphy. she was an examiner at a dress factory.
3. James F., born 1913 in MD.
4. Joseph F., born in 1917.