Re: Larkin C Hobgood
I tried your cell phone but got no answer.
John & Larkin C. HOBGOOD were my wife Beverly's 4G uncles. Their father Josiah was her 4G grandfather. Beverly is descended from Larkin's sister, Permelia HOBGOOD b. 1814 GA & John Jackson PATTERSON.
Below is a partial transcript of the 1860 Cherokee Co., GA census.
John HOBGOOD & family were listed on pg. 911 of the 1860 Cherokee Co., GA census. There was a female child, age 3. It was hard to make out her name but it appeared to be Mauberry. John's father, Josiah HOBGOOD, is living with the family.
Note that John's brother, Larkin HOBGOOD & family werelisted on pg. 910, lines 36-40 & 911, lines 1-2. A male child, John S. age 4, was mistakenly listed twice, once on line #40 of pg. 910 & again on line #1 of pg. 911.
Date: 1860 9 Aug
Type: 1860 Cherokee Co., GA, Sallacoa Dist., Canton P.O., Page 910, Lines 36-40, Dwelling #1799, Family #1909, page 911, Lines 1-2, Lines 8-11, Dwelling #1801, Family #1911, W. R. D. MOSS, Asst. Marshal
Location: National Archives, Washington, D.C.
Pg. 910 Dwelling #1799 - Family #1909
36. HOBGOOD, Larkin head 34 GA farmer
37. HOBGOOD, Sarah wife 30 GA
38. HOBGOOD, Susan dau 11 GA
39. HOBGOOD, Lewis son 7 GA
40. HOBGOOD, John S. son 4 GA (mistakenly listed again on p. 911)
01. HOBGOOD, John S. son 4 GA (mistakenly listed again)
02. HOBGOOD, Lucinda dau 2 GA
Dwelling #1801 - Family #1911
08. HOBGOOD, John head 21 GA farmer
09. HOBGOOD, Caroline wife 18 GA
10. HOBGOOD, Mauberry dau 3 GA
11. HOBGOOD, Josiah father 82 GA