Re: Edward Hockensmith b 1847 Missouri
That 1880 Ray Co MO census is right on the money. Additional children of George Edward and Mary Elizabeth were:
Stella, born Feb 1884,
Pinkie Reyburn (male), born Jan 1891, and
Harry F., born 10 Jul 1893, died May 1968 in Kansas City, MO.
Regarding those marriages:
(1) David HOCKENSMITH m Julian RICHARDSON, 25 Feb 1834 in Ray Co., MO – I suppose this could be King David. I have never seen a document that listed his wife’s name. Don’t have the source for my listing of his wife as “Elizabeth.” The time frame seems correct. King David’s oldest son, William C. HOCKENSMITH was born about 1836.
(2) Jefferson HOCKENSMITH m Rokyannah NOBLE, 10 Sep 1835 MO – this is an entirely different branch of the family. This is Thomas Jefferson HOCKERSMITH who married Roxie Anna NOBLE. He was born 10 Aug 1809 in Estill Co., KY and was the son of Jacob andAnna Keziah (Skinner) HOCKERSMITH, who were married in Madison Co., KY 12 Sep 1803. The lineage of this Jacob is not known, but it is my OPINION that he was the son of Johann Michael HOCKERSMITH, who was the son of Conrad HOCKERSMITH of Frederick Co., MD. Sometime around 1834, Jacob packed up his belongings and moved his family to Randolph Co., MO. Jefferson came with them and he would have been about 25 years old. New homestead land was opened in Davis Co., Iowa in the mid-to-late 1840s. Jefferson and his brothers and their families moved there about that time. He died there 1 Jun 1855.
(3) William HOCKENSMITH m Sarah PHILLIPS, 9 Aug 1868 Ray Co., MO – I don't believe this is William C. (son of King David) HOCKENSMITH. He married Sarah Celetial TULL on 24 Dec 1856, They had four children, the youngest born in 1869. I don't know who this is. We just have too many Williams.
(4) William W. HOCKENSMITH m Matilda E. PETTUS, 9 Sep 1877 Ray Co., MO – my records show a Willis William HOCKENSMITH, born 1855 in MO and died 1947 in Ray Co., MO, married Matilda E. PETTUS, born 1855 in MO and died 1928 in Ray Co., MO. Willis was the son of an unknown William HOCKENSMITH.
(5) Ann HOCKENSMITH m William CARTER, 27 Feb 1875 in Ray Co., MO- ?
Children of King David HOCKENSMITH were:
William C., born 1836 in MO,
Thomas Henry, born 1843 in MO,
George Edward, born 29 Mar 1847 in MO, died 20 Oct 1912 in Ray Co., MO, and
Charles N., born Jul 1849 in MO, died 1922 in Camden, Ray Co., MO.
Hope this helps.
Please keep me updated.