The new book, The John and Richard Hood Clan, has been published and is available for purchase. It is an in-depth examination of the John and Richard Hood clan that lived in Halifax County, Virginia in the 1760s, moved to Burke County, North Carolina circa 1774 and then to Pendleton District, South Carolina around 1789. From there, some of the family moved to neighboring Greenville District, South Carolina. Through a genealogical paper trail and genealogical DNA testing, the following lines are descended from John and Richard Hood:
1) Thomas Hood: 1762-1837. A Revolutionary War soldier who lived in Halifax County, VA; Burke County, NC; Pendleton & Greenville Districts, SC; Roane County, TN; Jackson County, TN.
2) John Hood, Jr.: 1770/1780-1830+. Lived in Greenville County, SC and was married to Mary (Owensby) Hood.
3) Thomas Hood: circa 1773-1820. Born in Virginia and lived in Burke County, North Carolina; Pendleton and Greenville Districts, SC; Roane County, TN. He married Martha (Owensby) Hood.
4) William W. Hood: 1773/74-1850+. He lived in Pendleton District, SC and Franklin County, GA.
5) Robert Hood: c. 1777-1860+. He lived in Pendleton District, SC; Habersham and White Counties, GA.
6) Travis Hood: c. 1785-1860+. He lived in Pendleton District and Pickens County, SC.
7) Nipper Hood: c. 1785-1850. He lived in Greenville County, SC and Blount County, SC. He married Sarah McKinney.
8) Morgan H. Hood: 1784/1791-before 1849. He lived in Greenville County, SC; Buncombe County, NC; Van Buren County, MO; Tarrant County, TX. He married Mary McKinney.
9) Raleigh Hood: 1797-1851+. He lived in Greenville County, SC; Monroe, Jackson, Polk and Bradley Counties, TN; Benton County, AR. He married Anna McKinney.
10) Violet (Hood) Phillips: c. 1784-1870. She lived in Greenville District, SC and Henderson County, NC. She married John Phillips.
11) Alfred Hood: c. 1808-1895. He lived in Greenville County, SC and Alabama. He was married to Nancy Hardin.
12) James Lemuel Hood: 1809-1884. He lived in Henderson County, NC. He married Falba Pace.
13) Henrietta (Hood) Heatherly: c. 1816-1880+. She lived in Henderson County, NC. She married Solomon Heatherly.
14) Nancy (Hood) Gordon: c. 1823-1910+. She lived in Greenville County, SC. She married Anderson Gordon.
15) Joel O. Hood: 1803-1891. He lived in Roane and Monroe Counties, TN; Jasper County, MO and Benton County, AR. He married Nancy Haskins.
16) Norris Clark Hood: 1811-1870. He lived in Monroe and McMinn Counties, TN and Jasper County, MO. He married Malinda Bond.
17) David K. Hood: 1814-1885. He lived in Roane, Maury and Wayne Counties, TN and Jasper County, MO. He married (1) Martha Kinzer; (2) Susan Morris.
All of these Hoods and more have individual chapters dedicated to them and their families. Also a chapter on the Chapman family that John Hood the progenitor wed into with his marriage to Violet Chapman.
Additional chapters on Thomas and Morgan Hood, both born in Prince William County, Virginia and both were Revolutionary War soldiers.
The John and Richard Hood Clan is hardback, fully indexed by personal names, contains citations to sources and is about 550 pages.
If you are interested in a copy, please email me at the address below.