I am researhing the McMahon line, and found a reference, see below, that Ellen McMahon, the daughter of my relative Bernard McMahon, had married Charles B. Hungerford. I don't have access to ancestry.com.uk and wasnt't able to check this. I assume the Charles is the one from California, since the information below says that Ellen McMahon Hungerford died in Placer, CA.
Here is my information on BernardMcMahon and Jane Rennie:
I have Bernard Sr. being born about 1800 in County Tyrone.
According to the 1871 Ontario census,Bernard Sr’s son, John McMahon was born at sea andfamily notes say Mary McMahon, age 4, died during the trip from Belfast. They got to Quebec and his old company from the British Army was stationed there.They helped him to Dundas in York County Ontario in 1839 where he lived until coming to Brooke Township in Lambton., County in 1854. They lived there, and in Middlesex County, until coming to Watertown Twp., Tuscola County, Michigan in 1882.
Bernard McMahon (Sr.), 37, of Lambton County, is listed in the 1871 Ontario Census. According to the family bible he was a politician and a farmer. Their daughter Mary Ellen McMahon married George Rilett, and they were the parents of Elizabeth Rilett, who married Clyde McNeilly.
Children of Bernard McMahon and Jane Rennie:
1.Hugh, b. c. 2/4/1820, died in Strathroy, Ont.
2. Catherine, b 3/23/1822, (family bible says 3/25/1820) married Lucius Bicknell, son Charles Bicknell
3. Edward, b. 5/8/1824
4. Ellen, b. 6/3/1826, married a Tucker
Ancestry.co.uk has Ellen born in Antrim, married to Charles B. Hungerford in NY, and dying in Placer, CA
5. Jane, b c. 7/5/1828,(family bible says 7/8/1829) married Robert Edgar, children Robert, Jack, Richard, James, Sarah and Minnie
6. Mary, b 5/15/1831, died in 1835 on boat from Belfast to Quebec
7. Bernard Jr. [my relative] b 5/1/1833, married Rose Hannah Wood on 2/1/1858. He was from Brooke Twp., Lambton County and she was from Metcalfe Twp., Middlesex County. They were married by a Methodist Episcopal minister.Bernard died 3/20/1922 in Millington, Mi. Sarah___, childrenJohn Edward, Sarah, Kate, Ellen
9.Mary, b. c.10/13/1837, (family bible says April 13) married Robert Estabrook, children Min, Ed, Don, Rennie