Need info on Kantor families in PA
Adam Kantor/Kantro was born 1893 in Eastern Europe in the province of Galicia (Galicja), Austria. He immigrated to the United States in 1910. He lived in Collier Township, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania where he worked as a “laborer” in the steel mill. Adam was educated, could read and write. He spoke English, but his native tongue was Ruthenian or Rusyn.He told census takers that his father and mother were also born in Galicia and spoke the Ruthenian language.
Adam married wife Tetianna Kushwara around 1915 or 1916. She was born in Galicia in 1896 and immigrated to America in 1912. Tetianna also reported to census takers that she and her parents were born in Galicia and spoke Ruthenian.
Adam and Tetianna had eight known children:
1. Olga born in Pennsylvania in 1916.
2. John born in Pennsylvania in 1917.
3. Eva born in Pennsylvania in 1918.
4. Anthony born in Pennsylvania in 1920.
5. Steven born in Pennsylvania in 1923.
6. Michael born in Pennsylvania in 1924.
7. Harold born in Pennsylvania in 1926.
8. Mary born in Pennsylvania in 1928.
Anthony Kantor was the fourth child of Adam and Tetianna Kantor, born in 1920 Pennsylvania. He married Lucille Ardella Komorowski, the daughter of Joseph Komorowski and Julia Maurzak.