Re: Peter Kundig to Henry Kendeigh of Lorain County, OH
I am working on the Rice Family. I have that Nancy Ann Rice, born 20 May 1798; died 1874-76 in fayette County Pennsylvania. She married Henry Kendiegh about 1818. I have that he was born 17 January 1797 and died in 1835.
1. John Kendeigh- born 5 August 1820 in Fayette County, Pennsylvania. He married Cecilia Tooze 18 March 1863. She died 1876 in Amherst, Lorain County, Ohio.
They had: Henry B. Kendeigh (1866-) who married Grace Rockwood; Jonas E. Kendeigh (1867-1896); Mamie Kendeigh (1873-) who married Edgar Steele.
2. Samuel Kendeigh- born 17 May 1825 in Fayette County, Pennsylvania. He married Jane Strickler. They had: Esther Kendeigh (1854-1896) who married Bruce Gibson; Charles Kendeigh (1857-); Milo C. Kendeigh (1859-); Jennie L. Kendeigh (1866-); Lulu Kendeigh (1870-); Lottie Kendeigh (1870-).
3. Maria Kendeigh - born 2 March 1826. She married Manhattan Gibson.
4. David Kendeigh - born 21 May 1824; died 1840.
5. Jonas Kendeigh- born 2 December 1830 in Fayette County, Pennsylvania.
6. Henry Alonzo Kendeigh- born 25 September 1832. He married Lora Clark Austin. They had: Ben Kendeigh; George Kendeigh; Frank Kendeigh.
7. Hiram Kendeigh- born 1834. He married Amelia Kane. They had: Lulu Kendeigh; Alice Kendeigh; Edgar Kendeigh; Daisy Kendeigh.
My source for this is: "Andrews Family: Pioneers of Fayette County, Pennsylvania and Wayne County, Illinois" 1982. I found the book in the LDS Library in Salt Lake City.
My Rice family is descended from John (Johannes) Rice of Fayette County, Pennsylvania. Nancy Ann Rice was one of his daughters. I am trying to compile what I can of the descendants of John Rice. Can you help me with the Kendeigh branch?