George Kenrick (b.abt 1822),wife Mary(b.abt1837),lived Mississippi Co., MO
I have eight original carte de visite photographs (one is a tintype) of the family of George and Mary Kenrick, which I would like to get back to family members. Photos were in an album of the Burrough family, and each was taken approximately 1865-1880.Many of the photos were taken by the “Weatherford and Short Studio”, but I have been unable to locate that studio, to get a positive location where photos were taken.The photos are as follows:
- George W. Kenrick.He looks to be about age 40-45.
- Mary (Rodney) Kenrick, who looks to be about 30 years old.
- Ben P. Kenrick, about 5 years old.
- Albert Kenrick, age about 4.
- Annie E. (Kenrick) Burrough, who looks about age 10
- John Kenrick, about age 17.
There are two more, which are related, but not the children of George & Mary:
- Benjamin W. Kenrick, who looks about age 40, taken about 1865.
- Albert S. Kenrick, a tintype photo encased in a paper frame, taken about 1860 and he looks to be about age 3.
I found the family of George W. Kenrick in 1870 and 1880 in Charleston (Mississippi Co.) MO, as follows: George W (48, born Ireland); wife Mary E. (33, MO); and Benjamin F. (27, OH).The rest I am guessing are children of George and Mary: John (16,MO); Emma A. (13,MO); George (11,MO); Anna (7,MO); and male child unnamed (2,MO).The last child had to be Ben P. Kenrick, for in 1900 census Ohio (Mississippi Co.) OH, Ben P. Kenrick stated his DOB was May 1867.
In 1880, family was George W. (58), Mary (45), George (21), Anna (15), Albert (8).
In 1900 Mississippi Co., MO census, two brothers were boarders: George Kenrick (DOB Jul 1858) and Albert Kenrick (DOB Sep 1871).In some censuses, the name was interpreted Kendrick.
A piece of paper was attached to the back of one of the photos, stating “Kenrick born June 7, 1891; Jean July 1896; Mary Feb 1889; Cousin Annie May 3, 1865 – died Nov 18, 1937”.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are related to this Kenrick family.