Re: Knight Family of Orangeburg, SC.
I have the following information from my great-aunt's DAR application:
3. John Allen Knight (born 6/2/1822 in Orangeburg, SC, died on 9/16/1881 in Orangeburg, SC) was the child of James Knight born on 2/3/1760 in Amelia County Virginia, died on 4/18/1858 in Orangeburg County, SC married on 1/10/1815 in Orangeburg County, SC to Jane Davisborn on 5/1/1790 in Orangeburg County SC died on 8/7/1848 in Orangeburg County, SC.
4. The said James Knight was the child of Captain John Knight born on 3/8/1738 in Virginia died on --- in Kentucky married on 1758 in Lunenburg County, Virginia to Mary Carter born on 1742 in --- died on (this part of document is cut off).
5. The said Captain John Knight, was the child of John Knight born on --- in Virginia died on --- in Virginia married on --- in --- to Elizabeth Woodson born on --- in Virginia died on --- in Virginia.
6. The said Elizabeth Woodson was the child of Robert Woodson II born on --- in Virginia died on --- in Virginia married on --- in --- to Rachael Watkins born on --- in --- died on --- in ---.
3. Copied from tombstone in Dean Swamp Semetery, Springfield, SC, RFD #2.
4. Copied from tombstone in Family Plot, 6.5 miles east; North, S.C., near Bull Swamp Section, Orangeburg County, S.C.
5. Copied from Family Bible belonging to James Knight now in possession of Miss Ella Wolfe, North, South Carolina.
Hope that helps!