James Landers and Rachel Salina Maynor were both born in GA and married 30 Mar 1846 in McMinn County, TN.James Landers was a Confederate soldier and was killed in the war, leaving Rachel with 7 children.All were born in McMinn Co., TN.
1) Sarah Elizabeth Landers b. Jan 1846 d. aft 1900 prob. in Craighead, AR, m. Williamn L. Holifield 31 Dec 1874 McMinn, TN.
2) James Erving Landers b. 9 May 1848 d. 4 Sep 1913 Okemah, Okfuskee, OK, m. Mary AK Smallwood 26 Seo 1869 McMinn, TN and married Martha Jane Ellis 23 Jan 1890 in West Plains, Howell, MO.
3) John Taylor Landers b. 1 Mar 1849, d. 1 Mar 1892 Etowah, McMinn, TN, m. Susan Clark Kirby 10 Oct 1875 McMinn, TN.
4) Lewis Clark Landers b. 1849 d. Mar 1880.
5) Eliza Jane Landers b. Mar 1855, d. 3 Sep 1919, m. Thomas McGuire 1876 McMinn, TN.
6) Griggs Cain Landers b. 3 Mar 1858 d. 10 Feb 1932 m. Rebecca Aden Savage 17 Dec 1881.
7) Martha Jane Landers b. 9 Nov 1860 d. 31 Aug 1946 m. John H Savage 17 Dec 1881.
Rachel Maynor Landers applied to the Southern Claims Commission in 1873 for repayment for a horse take by the Union Army at Athens in 1863.Her deposition helped greatly with learning more about this family.Their second born was my ancestor.
James Erving Landers was born 9 May 1848 at Athens, McMinn, TN and died 4 Sep 1913 in Okemah, Okfuskee, OK.He fought in the Union Army's TN 7th Mtd. Infantry and later applied for a CW pension.It is this document that gives us a great overall picture of his life.
James Erving Landers had 11 children, 7 by his first wife, Mary A K Smallwood, who he married in McMinn Co., TN on 26 Sep 1869.She died 23 Nov 1888 at Ava, Douglas, MO. Those 7 children, all born in Salem, Dent County, MO, were:
1 John Thomas Landers b. 7 July 1879, d. 26 Oct 1962 Okemah, Okfuskee, OK, m. Anna Victoria Ingold abt 1890 and Sylvia Webb 1928.
2 Rachel Arleva Landers b. 5 Oct 1872, d. 11 Nov 1961 in Encino, Los Angeles, CA, m. Joseph Hamilton Greenlee 1 Jan 1894.
3 James Henry Landers b. 28 Mar 1875, d. abt 1914 McAlester, Pittsburg, OK, m. Marcissus E Boyse 28 May 1904.
4 Mary Caroline Landers b. 1 Jun 1877, d. unknown, m. Luther Tetrick 25 Mar 1899 McAlester, IT (OK).
5 Charles N Landers b. 17 Jan 1880, nothing more known.
6 Griggs Edward Landers b. 4 Mar 1881, d. 25 May 1958 Davis, Murray, OK, m. Jennie Vickers 28 Nov 1903.
7 Wyoming L "Oma" Landers b. 13 May 1884, d. unknown, m. W A Schuler 3 Jul 1901 McAlester, IT.
James Erving Landers' 2nd wife was Martha Jane Ellis who he married 23 Jan 1890 at West Plains Howell MO.They had 4 children, all born at Ava, Douglas County, MO.
8 Ellis Otho Landers b. 15 Nov 1890, d. 13 Jan 1981 Pomona, Los Angeles, CA, m. Leah Pearl Whitfield 12 July 1916 Morse, Okfuskee, OK.
9 Leola Beatrice Landers b. 15 Jul 1893, d. 8 Jan 1992 Okemah, OK, m. D Lee Pearce 24 Dec 1914 Okemah, OK.
10 Vera Lucretia Landers b. 24 Nov 1895, d. Aug 1974 Oklahoma City, OK, m. Alonzo Thomas Driskill in 1915.
11 Orene Vernon Landers b. 23 Jan 1898, d. 26 May 1986 Shawnee, Pottawatamie, OK, m. ? Bennett and ? McAtee.
I am trying to create accurate descendencies for each of these Landers lines and would appreciate input from anyone with information.Any tiny clues could be just the information I need to locate more documentation.I ALWAYS welcome being corrected when I have made an error and I enjoy sharing what I have with others.Contact me at email@example.com if you have any connection to this Landers family.