Re: Matthew Longbottom - Yorkshire, England
I have details of all the Parish records up to the mid 1800s from All Saints Parish Church of Bingley. In the baptism records the following are recorded:
1) Matthew Longbottom baptised 1st November 1747. His mother was Sarah Longbottom of Eldwick and he is given as illegitimate.
2) Sarah was possibly the one baptised on 26th August 1716 and was the daughter of Stephen Longbottom of Helwick (Eldwick).
3) He was probably baptised on 27th March 1687 son of John Longbottom of Helwick.
4) John was probably baptised on 30th October 1652 son of Robert Longbothom Taylor (tailor) of Helweek.
5) Robert was probably baptised on 23rd January 1624 son of Samuel Longbothu Junior of Helweek.
6) Samuel was probably baptised on 16th November 1600 son of Samuell Longbothome.
The following marriage entry was found (and links into my family tree): Samuel ongbothu' married Isabel Firth on 4th April 1620.
The following buriel entries were found:
1) Samuell Longbothu' Senior 25th December 1643 of Helweek husband of Isabel Longbothu.
2) Isabell Longbothu' 18th December 1843 wife of Samuel Longbothu' Senior of Helw.