Re: Dorothy Lord, granddaughter of Thomas Lord of hartford? From another Lord?
Karl, thank you for your contribution, but it left me with a lot of questions.
1. When you refer to "my book," what book are you talking about?
2. When you say "my book says he married dorthy lord "about 1674 and born about 1655 in conn." who is the "he" you are talking about? Francis Sr?
3. If you are talking about Francis Sr, the research I've done says there is a record of a marriage in Virginia dated 1679 between a "Francis Lord and Dorothy Lord Stanton, widow of William Stanton." When you say "he" married dorthy lord about 1674, are you speaking of that same marriage?
4. When you say "born about 1655 in conn", of whom are you speaking? Dorothy? And is that an actual documented date of birth, or is that an assumptive date based on the marriage date and working backwards?
5. When you say Francis was the first Lord born in America, are we talking about out of John's line, or out of any of the Lord of any line?
In this thread, what I am hoping to identify is who was this widow of William Stanton, apparently born Dorothy Lord, and later marrying Francis Lord. Her parentage. I can't find any Dorothy Lord that would seem to be the same one. The daughter of Anne that you identified would have been born with the last name of Stanton, not Lord, and she also was married to Mr Noyes as you noted. It can't be her.