Re: Philadelphia Lorman families
I hope you're still out there in Cyberland & get this message. Here's your Lorman line:
Henry Perry "Harry" Lorman m. Mary Jane "Mollie" Davis on 10 Aug 1873 in Wilmington, New Castle Co., DE.
Henry was the son of Charles Hamm Lorman & Eliza Jane Mongar Lorman; the grandson of Perry Lowman (no typo) & Susannah "Susan" Hamm Lowman; the great grandson of Henry Lowman & Martha Downs Lowman; the gggrandson of John Lowman & NN; the ggggrandson of Samuel Lowman, Jr & Honour Crowley Lowman; the gggggrandson of Samuel Lowman, Sr & Letitia Wood Lowman. Letitia Wood Lowman was the dau. of Joseph Wood, Sr & Francina Herman Wood. Her father was Augustine Herrman, 1st Lord of Bohemia Manor in Maryland. It was Augustine Heerman/Herrman/Herman who drew a map for Lord Baltimore to distinguish his lands from Wm Penn's as well as the lands held by the Swedes in DE.
The Lorman/Lowman's are my husband's people & I have been doing extensive researching on them. Your Norris H. Lorman is one of seven children of Harry & Mollie. Their children were:
1) Franklin Cookman Lorman b: 27 May 1874 in Wilmington, New Castle Co., DE d: 13 May 1875 in Wilmington, DE
2) Lavinia May Lorman b: 23 May 1876 in Wilmington, New Castle Co., DE d: aft 1880
3) Blanche Pleasanton Lorman b: 28 Sep 1878 in Wilmington, New Castle Co., DE d: bef 1880.
4) Norris H. Lorman b: 21 Nov 1880 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., PA d: aft 1930. Norris married Gertrude L. Coulter 03 May 1906 in Wilmington, New Castle Co, DE She was b: 28 Feb 1887 in DE. They had two daughters:
Dolores Lorman & Venita R. Lorman
5) Guy Leon Holtz Lorman b: 07 Dec 1882 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., PA
6) Leo Lewis Lock Lorman b: 21 Nov 1884 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., PA
7) Lester Leland Lorman b: 14 Jun 1886 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., PA d: aft 1920. Lester married Kittie Brown and had a daughter, Dorothy who was born in Buffalo, NY in 1917.
Hope this helps your research.