Markham/Benjmin folks of Ohio
Need help from somewhere.
Aaron Benjamin b 1801 in New York. He d 4 Feb 1883 Montgomery Twp, Wood Co, Ohio, he is bur Graham Cem, near Wayne, Wood Co. His par are Elijah or Elias Taft Benjamin and Elizabeth Paddock, both of which have a lengthy genealogy. He married Laura O. Markham ca 1828 in New York, so they say, I have not found a marriage record on them. She was b 1808 in New York and d 22 Mar 1895, according to her death record. No I don't have a copy of her death record, just a contact who had it. She d of old age and is bur in Graham Cem also. I don't have a clue as to who her parents might be, hopefully somebody out there can help me with this. On the census both her par were reported to have been b in Massachusetts.
Their children are as follow:
1. Emmaretta Benjamin, b 1835 in Ohio, she d after 1870 in Wood Co and is bur in Graham Cem. She md 9 Oct 1859 to Robert Edgar. He was b 1836 in Ohio.
2. Lorretta Benjamin was born 1837 Wayne, Montgomery Twp, Wood, Ohio. She md 2 July 1857 Sandusky Co, Ohio to Joseph Willman.
3. Rosealpha S, "Rose" Benjamin. She is my direct ancestor. She had a lot of pluck and was a hard worker. She was b May 1840 in Ohio. She md 1st 10 Apr 1855 Kallamazoo Co, Michigan to Jabez Allen Phelps, he d in 1862, she remd 26 Sep 1907 in Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan to Lewis Marsac. She d abt 1908 in Michigan.
4. Marion Caroline Benjamin b 3 Feb 1845 Summit Co, Ohio. She md 17 Nov 1868 Perrysburg, Wood, Ohio to Charles J. Sage, he was b 1836 Washington, VA and d 1916 Wood Co, Ohio. Bur Graham Cem. She d 23 Mar 1912, bur Graham Cem.
5. According to some sources there was another child a son Nelson H. Benjamin. I'm not sure about him. He might have been b ca 1830 in Ohio. and he is supposed to have d after 1897 in Fl, of course I need help with him.