correction with generation numbering
1. Mr. McCawley settled in Virginia
1. William McCawley settled in Charleston, S.C.
1. James McCawley, b. Scotland; moved to Northern Ireland and married Sarah Gilmore there; emigrated to America and first settled in Jefferson Co., KY
2. John L. McCawley (1782-1854) one of seven children; m. Martha Lacy (1791-1844)
3. Daniel L. McCawley, merchant, b. 1826; m. 1856 to Mary F. Slocumb, dau of R. B. Slocumb, once Lt. Gov., and Elizabeth Leech.
4. Mary E. McCawley, b. 1858 m. J. D. Kadler of St. Louis
4. John R. McCawley, b. 1860
4. Helen L. McCawley, b. 1865
4. Daniel L. McCawley, b. 1868
3. John I. McCawley, b. 1829, claim agent for O & M Railrodad, bank director and large property owner; m. 1856 Maria L. Moore, dau of Green Moore and Sarah Shannon.
4. Arthur H. McCawley, b. 1857
4. Sarah L. McCawley, b. 1858 m. John T. Baird of Olney, Ill.
4. Martha Maria McCawley, b. 1863 m. Dr. T. L. Leeds of Washington and Michigan City, Indiana.
4. Mina Julia McCawley m. Oscar W. Gill of Chicago
4. John G. McCawley, b. 1871 of St. Louis, banker
4. Mary Eliza McCawley, b. 1873 m. Richard S. Rowland, lawyer of Olney, Ill.
4. Lewis W. McCawley (1876-1905)
3. Arthur McCawley of Texas