This is Andrew and Edith's family as I know it. I hope descendants will add to this and I welcome any corrections ............
The McFarland name changed to McFarlane in the newspapers and records from 1903.
Andrew McFarland, son of Alexander and Elizabeth McFarland, born c1863 in Northern Ireland, died unknown. Edith Ann Lamson, daughter of Henry Lim Son and Mary Ann Morby, born 31 May 1862 at Sydney, NSW, married 11 May 1886 to Andrew McFarland, died 29 March 1930 at Armadale, Vic, buried at Box Hill. They farmed at Hedi, later named Edi, on the King River near Cheshunt and Whitfield till around 1897, spent a few years at Moyhu, and by 1903 Andrew was a horse dealer in Brunswick. Around 1905 they separated, and Andrew disappeared. Edith lived at Kia Ora at Whitfield after that.
1. James William McFarlane born 9 March 1887 at Hedi near Whitfield, later spelt as Edi, married Irene Cecil Dale in 1913 in Vic, died 7 December 1948 at Warragul, Vic. Irene was baptised 13 October 1889 at St Bartholomew's, Norwood, South Australia, daughter of Arthur Cecil George Dale and Maud Harriet Rosser, and died 27 November 1947 at South Melbourne. 9 children.
2. Andrew Archibald (Archie) McFarlane born 23 April 1888 at Hedi, Vic, and died in September 1971 in South Australia, buried 13 September 1971 at Barmera. He married Victoria Beatrice Scarffe in 1914. Beatrice was born 22 November 1892, daughter of John Scarffe, and died 15 September 1948 at Barmera. Archie married 2nd to Selma Agnes Freda Mackenzie. Selma was born in 1899 at Dimboola, Vic, and died in 1992 at Barmera, SA. Archie worked on his uncle's orchard at Merbein, then from 1917 ran an orchard at Berri in partnership till 1925, and then had his own orchard at Cobdogla, SA. 13 children.
3. Eric Hubert McFarlane born 23 September 1889 at Hedi, Vic, married Mary Allen in 1913 in Vic, died 27 May 1949, Vic, cremated at Springvale. Mary died in 1953, cremated at Springvale on 26 October 1953. Eric was a carrier then a saddler at Ripponlea. 5 children.
4. John Lawrence McFarlane born 1892 at Hedi, Vic, died 1896 at Hedi, Vic.
5. Joseph Reginald McFarlane born September 1893 at Hedi, Vic, never married. Joe had an interesting brush with the law. Sydney Morning Herald 25 February 1931 "The police search for Joseph McFarlane, 38 years, a rabbit trapper, who is alleged to have shot Constable Hutchinson in the leg at Whitfield on Sunday, is being continued in the timbered hill country in the Wangaratta district. McFarlane is without food, except that he may obtain game with his shotgun. Some of the searchers believe that McFarlane is merely waiting for an opportunity to make for the rivers and so escape, while others are of opinion that he has shot himself. For the greater part of his life McFarlane has roamed the hills in which he is now hiding, so he knows the country well." After a two month manhunt, and trial, Joe was acquitted of the charge in May.
6. Mary Edith (Molly) McFarlane born 3 April 1895 at Hedi, married James Francis (Frank) Monaghan in 1925, cremated at Springvale 27 October 1975. James was born in 1891 in Carlton, Vic, son of James Francis Monaghan and Agnes Staley, died 14 December 1949 and was cremated at Springvale. They had shops in Albury and then at Colac. No issue.
7. Alexander Francis McFarlane born 1897 at Whitfield, Vic, died 21 April 1952 at Morwell. He married Doris McIver. John joined the AIF in the 37th battalion, regimental number 2426. After WW1 he worked at sawmilling at Drouin and Noojee and road contracting at Drouin before coming to Yinnar in 1927. In 1930 he opened a garage and wrecking business in Yinnar, which he left in 1940. He then opened up a series of sawmills at Boolarra, Yinnar (Burnside's), Herne's Oak.,and finally two at Yinnar. He bought a dairy farm at Boolarra South in 1950. After his death Doris remarried to D Carroll. 2 children.
8. Reta May (Thelma) McFarlane born 1899 at Moyhu, Vic, married William Thomas (Bill) Floyd in 1921, died 1978 at Wangaratta. Bill was born 1889 at Omeo, Vic. He enlisted on 14 Jan 1918 in the AIF, regimental number 3626. They farmed at Licola in Gippsland. No issue.
9. Colin Clyde McFarlane born 1901 atMoyhu, died 4 July 1941 at Melbourne, buried at Box Hill. Colin married Ruby Gladys Gunn in 1927. She is Ruby Gladys on the birth index and census. Ruby was born 17 April 1907 at Jarrahdene, WA, a daughter of William Gunn and Harriet Murphy, married 2nd to Robert John Hawkless, and died in 1950 Vic, buried at Preston. Colin volunteered at the age of 15 on 3 April 1916 and joined the 37th battalion of the AIF, regimental number 1871. He sailed on the RMS Orontes on 16 August 1916, and served in France. Colin farmed at Wangaratta, was a salesman at Brunswick. In 1949 Ruby and John were farming at Boolarra South near Morwell. 2 children.