Thanks for your reply.
My original post was in preparation for a book that I wrote on the Ebbets family of New York.Margaret married James Ebbets, Jr.Subsequent to my posting, I did verify that Margaret's parents were Michael and Mary, so she is definitely of this family.
I am going to include here a "dump" from my database about her.Please let me know if you see any errors, or if you'd like to discuss her family further.
Thanks again, Ted
Name: Margaret W. "Maggie" McNerney
Father: Michael McNerney (Dec 1796 - 27 Jun 1899)
Mother: Mary Heir (1816 - 1 Feb 1901)
Birth 22 Jul 1842 Carrickpatrick, Claire Co., IRE1-4
Death 25 Jun 1880 (age 37) Brooklyn, Kings Co., NY5-8
1. 43. James Ebbets Jr.
Marriage 7 Nov 1866 (age 24) Brooklyn, Kings Co., NY1,9,10
Children Charles P. Ebbets (Feb 1868 - 22 Oct 1868)
63. William Everett Ebbets (5 Sep 1869 - 4 Nov 1936)
Mable Irene Ebbets (31 Dec 1876 - 3 May 1943)
Albert W. Ebbets ( - 16 Jul 1880)
1. Census Record, 1880 U.S. Census, Brooklyn, Kings Co., NY, ED 51, p. 53.
2. Death Certificate, Brooklyn Death Certificate, 1880, no. 5571. Maggie's date of birth is calculated from her exact age at death: 33 years, 9 months, 25 days.
3. Ibid., Bureau of the Census, 1936, no. 65294. The death certificate of William Everett Ebbets, lists his mother's place of birth as New Haven, CT.
4. Personal Correspondence, Email from Judy Sphil, 19 April 2005. Margaret McNerney born 22 July 1842 in Carrickpatrick County Clare was the daughter of Michael McNerney and Mary Heir.Her brother was James McNerney born March 18, 1845 County Clare.He was married to Harriett Hunter on July 3, 1873 in Brooklyn, and died Dec 15, 1925 in Brooklyn. This research was done by Ed Kavanaugh who is my husband's cousin.
5. Death Vital Record, Index to Brooklyn Deaths.
6. Cemetery Record, Green-Wood Cemetery, Section 156, Lot 23216.
7. Death Certificate, Brooklyn Death Certificate, 1880, no. 5571.
8. Newspaper, Brooklyn Eagle, 26 June 1880, p. 3.
9. Ibid., NY Times, 5 Nov 1936. Obituary of their son, William E. Ebbets, listing his parents.
10. Marriage Certificate, Brooklyn marriage certificate, 1866, no. 634.