I dont know if any of this will help you or not, but it is all that I have on Reason, Rezen, etc....
Note that the family name is variously recorded as Mobberly, Moberly, Moberlet, Mobley, Mobly. The Mobley Surname Home Page is a clearinghouse for all family information, including the books listed here.Special thanks to Betty Turman Sandell of Savannah Tn, who first provided the "kinnection" between the Lawson, Turman, Neely and Moberly families. The principal sources of information on the Moberly family have been three books and many generous cousins, including.....
Hill and Hill-Moberly Connections of Fairfield Co SC by George Anderson Hill (1961)
The Mobleys and Their connections by William Woodward Dixon (ca 1915)
Mobleys in America by Milton C Mobley (rev 1995)
Mobley Family History between 1550-1750 AD by Prof. Eino Kainlauri (in process)
Mobley Family Information exchange maintained by Carl Mobley.
Research on the Mobberly family origins is continuing, with the majority of the information concerning the early Moberley ancestry primarily based on conjecture, all suppositions prior to the generation of John and Ann Moberly will be omitted from Kinnexions.com. Refer to the above publications and theMobley Surname Home Page if you desire to review various opinions concerning possible Moberly origins.
John and Ann Moberly
John Moberly b about 1657-8 England died 1727 Prince George's Co, MD. John may have been from the Parish of Mobberley in Cheshire, England perhaps by way of Barbados. The births of his five sons are in the records of All Hallows, South River Parish, Ann Arundel Co MD as early as 1688 and moved to Prince George's Co, MD by the early 1700's, where John and Elizabeth were members of St. Barnabas Church. A Deed of Gifts of branded or otherwise marked livestock is reported to have been made in March 1708 to Elizabeth Roberson/Robinson and third on Feb 28, 1716 in Prince George MD to Mrs. Susannah (Hyatt) Scaggs, widow of Aaron Scaggs. Susannah was married third on Nov 6, 1728 in Prince George Co MD to Henry Boulton. The second and third marriages of John and the third marriage of Susannah are recorded in the Prince Georges Co MD, Queen Anne Parish Original Register 1686-1777.
Ann b about 1666 died 1699-1707 MD,. It has been suggested that Ann, the first wife of John Moberly and named as the mother of his sons, bore the given names of Elizabeth Ann and was the Elizabeth Woods who married John Mobberly in Frodsham Parish, Cheshire England on Oct 21, 1686. Positive evidence that Elizabeth (Woods) Mobberly wasthe same person as Mrs. Ann Moberly of Ann Arundel, MD is desired.
Children of John and Ann Moberly
1. John b March 2, 1687-8 All Hallows, South River Parish, Ann Arundel Co, MD, died Aug 5, 1752 to May 1753 in Luneburg Co VA. Married in St. Barbabas Church, Prince George's Co, MD on Feb 12, 1711-12 (license) to Rachel Pindell. The family moved to Luneburg Co, VA sometime between 1733-1748, being listed on the church tithe lists from 1748- 1752. By the mid 1750's, their sons moved to NC. Sons of John and Rachel Moberly: Mordecai married Dorcas Read; Edward married Mary; Hammond married Avarella Vinson; and John possibly married Chloe.
2. James - b Jan 2, 1890-1, All Hallows, South River Parish, Ann Arundel Co MD, died before Jan 6, 1759, married Elizabeth. Sons of James and Elizabeth Moberly: John (twin); Samuel (twin) married and James married Ann.
3. William - b March 18, 1693, All Hallows, South River Parish, Arundel Co, MD, died after March 21, 1743 Tyrell Co, NC; Married Sethy Anderson. Sons of William and Sethy Moberly: Thomas married Mary Rackley?; James ; and William married Mary.
4. Edward b May 13, 1696 All Hallows, South River Parish, Arundel Co MD. (SEE BELOW)
5. Thomas b Jan 18, 1697-8, All Hallows, South River Parish, Arundel Co MD died July 31, 1769, One source reports he married Mary about 1720 (after the birth of his first two children). Children of Thomas Moberly: Rezin married Mary Fowler; Thomas married ?; Ezekiel married Susanna; John married Chloe Crouch; Drusilla married Mr. Pain; a daughter married Mr. Ricketts; Susannah Dorcas; Mary possibly married Philip Hopkins; Levin married ?; and William married Catherine;
Child of John and Susannah Moberly:
1. Anne b Feb 5, 1718-9 Queen Anne's Parish, Prince George's Co, MD; An undocumented source suggests that Anne married Giles Vermillion, perhaps the son of Giles Vermillion Sr and Jame Hutchison. Giles Vermillion Jr was the father of Hanson (b 1738), Howard b 1740, Giles III born 1749, Jacob b 1751, Joseph b 1753, and Sarah b 1755; Based on the birth years of these children, Giles may have been married twice.
Edward Moberly, b May 13, 1696 All Hallows, South River Parish, Ann Arundel Co MD, died Fairfield Co SC. Birth date based on his being the son of John Mobberly and Ann.His death date has been reported as late as 1787 with uncertainly remaining that Edward Moberly, son of John and Ann Mobberly, the same person as Edward Moberly, father of Clement Moberly. Edward may, instead have been the son of Edward Moberly, the schoolmaster, and his wife Rachel. This Edward, together with sons and sons in law are found in tax lists in Lunenburg Co VA 1748-52. The family moved to Craven Co, SC between 1756 and 1760. According to evidence reported in Mobley's in America, Edward was probably married three times, his first wife being the unknown mother of probably all of his children except the youngest two. Edward's first wife died before 1741, and he married second Anne (d between 1747 and 1751, probably in Luneburg Co VA), probably the mother of Elizabeth and Keziah. Edward was married third between 1747 and 1751 to Susannah DuVall (b 1702MD d June 14, 1769) Fairfield Co Camden District SC (Chapman Family Bible) It has ben suggested that Susannah was the daughter of Lewis DuVall and granddaughter of Huguenot immigrant Mareen DuVall. However, unverified sources indicated that Susannah, daughter of Lewis DuVall, never married. Edward married first about 1718 in Prince George Co, MD.
Children of Edward Moberly and his first wife
See Notable cousins for line to : The Blackwood Brothers
1. Dorcas - b about 1720 married in 1766 to Richard Hill b 1748 VA, son of Charles Hill and Sara Bell. Richard had first married Marjorie Gilliam. Son of Dorcas and Richard Hill: William F married his first cousin Dorcas Mobley.
2. Clement b about 1722 Bedford Co VA d about 1790 in Madison Co KY.
3. William b about 1724-30 VA, Died Dec 20, 1766 Fairfield Co SC, He received three land grants totaling 450 acres in Northwest Fairfield Co SC in 1758 and 1759. and served in the SC militia.In 1762 William sold 200 acres of land to his brother Edward. Married by 1750 to Ann Osborne. Children of William and Ann Moberly: Eleazer married Ann Lyles, a widow: William married Frances "Fanny" Rogers. Samuel did not marry; Isham married Susanna Mobley daughter of Clement Moberly and Mary Fox. Jemima married Edward Lovejoy; Capt Thomas married Mary Funderburgh daughter of Henry and Mary; Dorcas married her first cousin William F Hill; Mary married Richard Hill; Keziah married Colin Mobley; and Elizabeth married Micajah "Cage" Mobley brother of Colin.
4. Benjamin b 1728-32 (say 1729) VA died 1803-1805 KY at age 75.Found on Lunenburg Co VA tax lists of 1749, 1750, and 1752. He moved to what is now Fairfield Co SC about 1759 receiving a land grant there in 1773.Benjamin served in the Revolution from SC, removing to KY about 1787. Married by 1760 to Mary (Price) HIll, a widow. Benjamin may have married a Mrs. Rice as his second wife and mother of his six younger children.Children of Benjamin Moberly: John married Nancy Jenkins; Benjamin married Lavinia Meadows, daughter of John; Edward married first Nancy Roebuck and second Martha Jamison; Margaret married Francis Roe Coleman (ancestors of members of the Blackwood Brother Quartet); Elizabeth "Betsy" married William Hobnar; Mary "Polly" married James Rogers; Samuel married first Miss Shelton and second Ann Turner (or Tudor or Taylor); Isaac married first Miss Shelton and second Peggy Patterson; Tabitha married John Turner; Nancy married Wilson Addison and/or Daniel Tudor; Lucretia married Edward Turner; and possibly Keziah married Jesse Lee.
5. Sarah "Sallie" b about 1732 Married before 1752 Lunenberg Co VA to Jason Meador Jr (b about 1734 VA died 1822 Fairfield Co SC) son of Jason Meador Srand Elizabeth Stone (see note below). Both Jason Sr and Jr were signers of the Regulator Petition of Oct 9. 1790 while residents of Anson Co NC. Children of Sallie and Jason Meador: Jason III married Sophia Lowrey; Edward; William Hill married; Lewis; Thomas married; Hugh; Sophia; Elizabeth married Elisha Horne; and Obadiah married Mary Sarah "Ollly" Vines.
6. Mary "Polly" b about 1734 Married Thomas Halsell Jr b 1752 in Lunenberg Co VA died 1826 Montgomery Co Tenn. Thomas was married second on 27 Oct 1802 to Elizabeth Hayden and then had eleven children. Thomas will of April 8, 1825 was proved Oct 1826.Children of Polly and Thomas Halsell: Reason married Elizabeth Oldham; Anne married Abner Watson; Elizabeth married Jesse Gentry; Sarah married Mr. Cloyd; Marry married John Morrow; Martha married William Allen; and Vardiman married Temperance Faulk.
7. Edward b Dec 25, 1735 VA died Oct 17, 1781 Fairfield Co SC. His estate was appraised Nov 10, 1782 Served during the Cherokee War in SC, either he or his father obtained 4 land grants in northwest Fairfield District SC from 1769-1773 totallying 350 acres. Served in the Revolution for 171 days. Edward, his wife, and two daughters died of the same illness in a 4 day period.Married by 1756 to Druscilla Meador b Nov 29, 1738, died Oct 7, 1781 Fairfield Co SC, daughter of Jason Meador Sr and Elizabeth Stone (see note below). Children of Edward and Druscilla Moberly: Elizabeth married Henry Rogers; William married Elizabeth Jenkins; Edward married Amy Hill; Susannah reportedly married first to Alexander Robinson and second to Richard Tolliferro; Levi married first to Rachel Rabb and second to Sarah Rabb; Ruthea died young; Reuben married Sarah Coleman; Lavinia married Henry Chapman and Sarah died young.
8. John b about 1737 died about 1822 Married Mary Beam, daughter of Alber Beam and Sarah Halsell of Fairfield Co SC. Children of John and Mary Moberly: William B married Drusilla Meador; Isaac married Miss Brown; Susan married; and Jethro married Esther Lovejoy Mobley.
9. Samuel b 1739 died Winter 1802-3, Fairfield Co SC. Served in the Revolutionay War, married May 1, 1761 to Mary "Polly" Wagner b about 1743 died about 1812, daughter of Hans Wagner and Marie DeLashmette. Samuel's will was dated Dec 21, 1802 and proved Jan 24, 1803. His will and estate papers name all of his children and on sons-in-law except for Drucill and Simeon. Children of Samuel and Polly Moberly: Edward married Mary Mabry; Samuel married Elizabeth Pickett Whitehead; Biggers married Joanna (Lewis) Corbell; John married Catherine "Katie" (Miller) McLean. Elizabeth married Richard Mansell; Drusilla married John Feaster; Susannah Married John Taylor; Mary married David Shannon; Lucretia married John Robinson; Nancy married Moses McKeown; Savilla married Thomas Colvin; Dorcas married William Price; and Simeon died in infancy.
10. Susannah b 1737-43 died June 14, 1769. Married Lewis Meador b 1730-33 VA, died 1803-1805 NC son of Jason Meador Sr and Elizabeth Stone (see note below) Lewis was named in the will of his father as "my eldest son". The family resided in Anson Co NC. Children of Susannah and Lewis Meador: Isham; Levi married Sarah Rorie; Lewis J; Mordecai married Rebecca; Susan married John Grimes and Job married Lucy Rorie.
Probably Children of Edward and Anne Moberly:
1. Keziah b about 1743 died after Dec 1826 KY, married about 1760 to Thomas Meador (b about 1737 Raleigh Parish, Essex Co VA, died before Dec 14, 1826, Whitley Co KY), son of Jason Meadors Sr and Elizabeth Stone (see note below). Thomas and Keziah moved to Anson Co NC by Nov 1772 and to Whitley Co KY by 1810.Thomas signed a perition concerning the location of the Anson County courthouse in 1777 and 1783 and served in the Revolution. Thomas died before Dec 14, 1826 when his widow deeded 100 acres to son Pleasant. The deed was recorded Dec 21, 1826 in Whitely Co KY. Children of Keziah and Thomas Meador: William; Jason married first Biddy Bradshaw and second Martha Sullivan; John married first Jemima Melton and second Delilah Jones; Thomas Jr married Elizabeth "Betsy"; Isham married Sarah; Isaiah married Obedience "Biddie' Dorcas married Wiley M Worley; Edward Mobley married Abigail Thomas; Middleton; and Pleasant married Sarah.
2. Elizabeth b about 1746. Married Job Meador b about 1739 VA died Oct 1822 Fairfield Co SC, son of Jason Meador Sr and Elizabth Stone (see note below). Job bought land on Thompson's Creek in Anson Co NC in 1762 and sold it to William Rushing in 1767. Heirs listed in the 1790, 1800 and 1810 censuses of Anson Co NC. Children of Elizabeth and Job Meador : John married Rebecca Moberly; Thomas married Naomi Chandler; and Edward married Rebecca and Jason.
++Meador Family information is abstracted from the website of Ralph E Meadows, a descendant of Thomas Meador and Keziah Moberly. The Meador name is also found as Meadors, and desendants of Thomas adopted the suname Meador or Meadows. The parents of five Meador children who married Moberbly (as written) siblings were Jason Meador Sr b 1700-07 Essex or Caroline Co VA died after Mar 3, 1774, Anson Co NC and Elizabeth Stone b about 1711 died before 1778 Anson Co NC); Two younger Meador chidlren: Sarah Mariah married Abraham Rushing and Zilphia S married Thomas Huntley.
Clement and Mary (Fox) Moberly
Clement Moberly b about 1722 Bedford Co CA died about 1790 in Madison Co KY, son of Edward Moberly. He owned land on the Otter River in Bedford Co VA which he sold in 1759, having moved to Craven District (now Fairfield Co ) SC. In SC Clement received four land grants totalling 550 acres between 1765 and 1773. In 1787, he sold his SC land and moved to KY, settled in Madison County (on tax list of April 27, 1789.) Married about 1740.
Mary Fox b April 1, 1722 Fairfield Co SC, daughter of David Fox and Elizabeth.
Children of Clement and Mary Moberly
1. Benjamin b about 1744 VA. Served in the Revolution. Moved to KY about 1797, married Mary Sutton. Children of Benjamin and Mary Moberly: Robert; Sally married E. Covington; and probably others;
2. Clement b Oct 4, 1746 in Bedford Co VA living in 1835 Crawford Co AR; Moved to Fairfield Co SC with parents. He served in the Revolution and moved to Madison Co KY after the War. He appears on the tax list of Mary 27, 1787 of Madison Co KY and later to Warren Co KY and Crawford Co AR. On Feb 7, 1834 Clement attested to his brother Isaiah's Revolutionary War service and Clement and his wife Sibella made confirming statements. Married first on July 7, 1770 in Fairfield Co SC to Phoebe Lashly. Clements' second wife was named Sibella. Children of Clement and Phoebe Moberly: Reason married Caroline O'Neill; Isaiah married second Nancy Cox; Charles died young; John did young, Cashti married Soloman Taylor; Nancy married Harvey O'Neal; Charels married Elizabeth Betsy Snodgrass; John married Sarak K Fletcher; James married Betsey Cox; Clement "Clem: married China; and Edward married Sarah Simpson;
3. Ann "Nancy" b about 1745-49 Bedford Co VA died Fairfiel Co, SC Married Richard Neeley.
4. Isaiah b Dec 14, 1754 Fairfield Co SC died Oct 23 1836 Lee Creek Crawford Co AR moved to Fairfield Co SC with parents and to KY after the Revolution. He appears on the tax list of Madison Co KY on April 27, 1789. Served in the Revolution 1775-1782. Married about 1780 in Fairfield Co SC. Frances "Fanny" Coleman, daughter of Robert Coleman and Frances Mathis. Children of Isaiah and Fanny Moberly: Elijah married first Salome Guice and second Martha May; Isaiah married first Nancy Guice and third Mary Polly King. Sion Fountain married Barbare Guice; Possibly James; Frances married Anthony Turney; Vashti married Daniel Turney; Rebecca married Burwell Cox; Sicily married first William Johnson and second Guilford Plyant; Nancy married George Briggs; Robert; David; and Pinkey H; married Isaac P Spencer.
5. William b about 1756 Fairfield Co SC died about 1807, Fairfield Co SC. Married about 1786 to Nancy Coleman, daughter of Robert Colemant and Frances Mathis. Children of William and Nancy Moberly: Larkin married his second cousin Lucy Mobley daughter of Keziah and Colin Mobley (ancestors of Mary Ann (Mobley) Collins, Miss America 1959); Fanny married Charles P Coleman; Joab married; Candace married William McGraw; Zachariah married; William C; Green Berry married first Savilla Hill and second Mrs. Henrietta Wilson; and Wiley married.
6. Mary "Polly" b about about 1764 Fairfield Co SC married Charles Coleman (d 1788 Fairfield Co SC).
7. Susannah b about 1766, Fairfield Co SC.Married Isham Mobley son of William Mobley and Anne Osborne. Children of Susannah and Isham Mobley; Isham Jr married Penelope; and Hester married Robert Youngue.
9. Edward b about 1770 SC Married about 1800 to Nancy Sutton. Additional evidence concerning this family is desired, since some undocumented sources give earlier birth and marriage dates for Edward. Daughter of Edward and Nancy Moberly; Nancy J married William Dollins.