Speller, Monk, Hagans, Hansel, Sherrod
Posting this information for anyone who may need it..
I am NOT related to this line and therefore I do not have any additional information to add beside what I post here.
Thomas Speller, Martin County, NC will probated 1812
1) names heirs by last name of Sherrod (maybe sister's family?? just a guess)
2) names "my natural son" Thomas Monk
Thomas Monk, Martin County, NC will probated 1818
1) names his son Theophilus Hansel son of Polley Hansel
2) names his son Thomas Hagans, son of Susanah Hagans
3) names five children with MONK as last name: Nancy, Sally, Mariah, Joseph and Marthy
4) friend William Clark exec.
Out of curiousity, I would like to know why they have so many children with different names (I would think if they wouldn't say my natural child if it was their step child), but for those looking for ancestry, perhaps this information could help.